Rmr help

DD_Dinosaur

Established Member
Oct 25, 2020
South Alabama
I have a trijicon rmr on my ruger 57 and while shooting the other day trying to get it sighted in I found that adjusted all the way down it still is hitting extremely low to where the red dot is. Has anyone else ever had this issue. I have no more adjustment to go down. It is mounted on a Galloway rmr plate for the 57.

Attachments

• 20210301_221130.jpg
    20210301_221130.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • 20210301_221145.jpg
    20210301_221145.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Gallow makes good stuff. Are you sure it’s not the gun how did it shoot with sights?
Didn’t the 57 have a recall?

I think southern is right adjust it up and see it you hit higher. Also how many yards are you testing it at?

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Sorry, I don't have any experience with RMRs but something did occur to me; are you possibly holding the gun at a slight angle? I could see how that might be hard to notice and would most likely affect the sight picture.

DD_Dinosaur

Established Member
Oct 25, 2020
South Alabama
I'm sure you already tried this but, have you tried adjusting the opposite direction to see if up is down and down is up?
I did try up and down and didn't notice any real difference.
Gallow makes good stuff. Are you sure it’s not the gun how did it shoot with sights?
Didn’t the 57 have a recall?

I think southern is right adjust it up and see it you hit higher. Also how many yards are you testing it at?
Was around 40 yards out.
Sorry, I don't have any experience with RMRs but something did occur to me; are you possibly holding the gun at a slight angle? I could see how that might be hard to notice and would most likely affect the sight picture.
I could have been. I was just trying to get the dot in picture and then shooting at the target. Now that I recall I do want to say the gun was angled a bit but that was to get the dot on frame. That was with it adjusted all the way up and down. Ill dig a little more when I get the chance to get out to the range.