Rock Island 10mm Double Stack

Davyalabama

Established Member
Jan 7, 2022
Pike Road
I agree it does look good, I have heard 10mm guns can be really picky about ammo. Are you going for a range gun or is this going to be your carry gun?

madmyk

Established Member
Jan 11, 2021
Tuscaloosa, AL
I've not had hold of one of the double stacks - yet. Got a few more 10's to add first, but do want one.

I agree it does look good, I have heard 10mm guns can be really picky about ammo. Are you going for a range gun or is this going to be your carry gun?
I have had quite a few 10mm handguns at one time or another, spent years "collecting" 10s, and have fired many a round through them.
I may have just been lucky, but I haven't run across much in the way of picky. That said, much of your "off the shelf" range ammo is pretty light loaded for 10mm and many 10mm firearms are made to run full power loads so I can see how it could be an issue. The Blazer aluminum case stuff is 1050fps - you take a Tanfoglio with a 20# recoil spring - probably not going to run worth a poop. Feed that same Tanfoglio full power ammo and you will have quite a fun afternoon, expensive but fun.
Conversely, the original Colt Delta Elites (not meaning to start anything...) weren't able to handle full power 10mm loads for any reasonable round count w/out battering/cracking the frame. You either had to run lighter loads or do some springs/tuning to run the "real stuff" and not destroy the gun. "Lighter" 10mm loads were still hotter than 40S&W, so they were no slouch, but if you are going to go 10mm, go on and do it. :)