Roku And Slingtv

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Well I did it. I thought I wasnt ever going to go away from a company like Charter or Dish or that kinda service. But My bill is up to $150~ a month for TV and Internet. So I called to see if they could give me a deal, the lady I got was rude and didn't offer me anything. So I waited a few weeks closer to the Due Date and called Yesterday to Cancel and then I got all the offers in the world to stay with them. I told her to late now.

I went to wal-mart and paid for a Roku box the $100 one, Got it setup this morning and it was easy. Set up SlingTV with 7 days free $25 a month after that and I could get Netflix or something else but Sling has most channels we watch, Downloaded the WBRC channel and QVC for the wife and now I only pay $90 a month for Interenet $64.99 and $25 for sling.

I am happy with it thus far been playing for a few hours. The channels are alot clearer then what I was thinking they were going to be. I am going to toss that to the Internet speed I get 60-100mb.

Garpo

Established Member
Jan 27, 2018
Fairhope
Good for you. We canceled Dish last month and do not miss it a bit. We watch local TV with help of an indoor antenna, shows provided by Netflix and Amazon Prime. Anyone need a satellite dish for target practice?

rtprthd

Established Member
Jan 27, 2018
Daphne
Good for you. We canceled Dish last month and do not miss it a bit. We watch local TV with help of an indoor antenna, shows provided by Netflix and Amazon Prime. Anyone need a satellite dish for target practice?

Have you had any issues with the TV Antenna? I bought one to try it out, and everything had a bad lag to it. Unfortunately, the TV is on the South end of the house, and I think the antenna needs to be on the north end. That and I have no idea what I'm doing.

If I can get it going, my plan is to use Antennas for local TV and probably the Playstation TV service for the other channels. Some of their offerings are more than Sling TV, but they offer streaming on up to 5 different devices.

Garpo

Established Member
Jan 27, 2018
Fairhope
Have you had any issues with the TV Antenna? I bought one to try it out, and everything had a bad lag to it. Unfortunately, the TV is on the South end of the house, and I think the antenna needs to be on the north end. That and I have no idea what I'm doing.

My TV is on the ENE of the house and it works just fine. I had to move the antenna around until I found the sweet spot, now stations come in crystal clear. Sorry for the late reply.