RUGER LCP MAX - CONCEAL CARRY - POCKET PISTOL

Pew4sale

Premium Member
Mar 11, 2024
Scottsboro
I have 2 favorite conceal carries, the Ruger LCP 380 and the other is the Sig P365. The LCP is super easy to conceal, easy to draw, very little recoil and I've never had any jamming issues and I've put 100's of rounds through mine. If you know someone who own’s one, ask to take it for a test drive. Safe shooting and enjoy.

Oz82

Established Member
Dec 26, 2021
Blount County
That's my EDC in a kydex Alabama pocket holster.

There was a break-in period for mine where it had a FTF once every other magazine, but after 100 rounds and a good cleaning and re-lube it's been great. I know someone who said that they skipped this break-in by polishing the feed ramp with a Dremel, but I don't have personal experience with that. Also, mine is from one of the first lots to hit the market so more recent iterations might have fixed this issue.

It does take a very firm grip which I've helped by adding Talon grips to mine. If someone wants to move from a full size gun to this one, this will be the biggest learning curve. You're going to have to hold it as tight as possible. There's no forgiveness for limpwristing with this gun. I do a lot of dryfire practice with this one using a laser insert in the chamber but there's no substitute for live rounds to get used to controlling the recoil.

I carry with Hornady Critical Defense and have had about 100 of those rounds through with no issues attributable to that round. I practice with anything I can find but PMC seems to hold the best groups and hits the most similar to the Hornady. Some aluminum cased ammo seems to have disagreements with the extractor. As I had a couple hundred rounds of that AL cased junk to burn through I sprayed them with silicone chain lube and they worked better. I won't be buying any more though, no matter how good a deal they are.

I've also added a laser. I'm a Crimson Trace fanboy but for some reason they don't make one compatible with this gun. Also, the one they make for the LCP II doesn't work on this one. Don't bother buying it to try unless you have an LCP II. I have that gun (love that one too, but carry the Max for the ammo capacity) and I have tried to move the laser over but it just doesn't fit. I had to go with the LaserMax GripSense which is nice, but not quite as good as the Crimson Trace. It is very bright, but also eats batteries, so I just bought a bunch to have on hand and check it often. Also, note that, like Crimson Trace, they do not claim that it fits the LCP MAX, but unlike Crimson Trace, it does.

To repeat myself from another post; No, it's not the best gun or caliber, but if I have pants on, I have it with me. If the time comes I need it, I will be happy to have this one that's with me over the really nice 357 that's in the safe at home.
Reposting from another thread.

Roadkill

Established Member
Dec 3, 2021
Alabama
I've had an LCP Max for about a year. I shoot it often. has been a reliable and accurate little pistol for the size.