S&w sd9ve love!

Matt nelson

Established Member
Jan 29, 2016
Guys I recently bought a new sd9ve and I have to say I am absolutely inlove with this handgun, perfect size especially if you have medium to large size hands, I'm 6'0 203lbs, and it fits me like a glove, my dad is 6'4 240lbs and he shoots it very comfortably, says alot coming from him because he likes the size of the glock 21, not as big as the glock 21 but still plenty of grip to grab on to firmly, this sd9ve is my every day carry gun, extremely reliable, I trust this gun with my life, one thing that really caught my attention was the 16+1 capacity, now it is tough to get the 16th round in the mag forsure! But it can be done and will eventually ease up after being broke in, the price was only $348 out the door! Trust me you get a LOT of gun for the money! Recoil is not bad at all, very smooth to shoot, the trigger in my opinion is very nice, it is a 8lb trigger but I'm also used to revolvers so it doesn't bother me, the finish on the sd9 is great! Slide serrations are a plus! Sights are not to bad at all and the accuracy is very good up to 30 yards if you have good trigger control, back to the mags, they are a pain on the 16th round and when starting to put the mag in the gun you have to give it some force for it to lock but that's with any new gun, I have had ZERO malfunctions out of this firearm, the reliability really impressed me and also before my purchase, I looked at every review I could find, not ONE bad review was found, some didn't like the trigger but if you get used to it it's no problem at all, apex makes a kit for it but I like it just the way it is right now, only thing I believe I would and will change is the 17lb polymer guide rod to a new 17lb stainless guide rod, I will also put night sights on it as well, other than that it's flawless to me, great gun all the way around, I don't have one complaint besides I don't own more of them lol, also holsters are very easy to find for them and so are mags! I didn't like that if you shake the mags you can hear a rattle which is annoying, but most of every semi auto double stack will do that! No problem just irritating at times, I would highly recommend this gun to anyone! Let's just say I'd take this gun to war! If your looking for a very good reliable gun, I hope this helps you out! IMAG0584.jpg

pwood

Established Member
Jan 29, 2016
I had one up until a few days ago. It would shoot about 2 inch groups at about 25 feet, and I am not that experienced with it.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I have had some good ties with this gun, I own one and have had good luck shooting. Even when Matt came to the house we had fun in a limited time. We will have to get together again and shoot. Im thinking about calling around and seeing if We can rent out a range for a few hours and have a meet just for kicks.

Matt nelson

Established Member
Jan 29, 2016
I have had some good ties with this gun, I own one and have had good luck shooting. Even when Matt came to the house we had fun in a limited time. We will have to get together again and shoot. Im thinking about calling around and seeing if We can rent out a range for a few hours and have a meet just for kicks.
that would be a geat idea!