Welcome to Alabama Gun Forum

Alabama Gun Forum is a place to buy, sell and talk firearms for free and privately. Not on facebook, locally owned!

• Alabama Gun Forum is a free, privately owned and supported community of gun owners. Alabama Gun Forum is free to join and free to use the marketplace. We are always working to improve the community. Please be aware of all forum rules and all gun regulations related to selling and buying firearms. Alabama Gun Forum is not responsible for transactions on this forum.
  • Start Here : Helpful information: 1. Forum Rules | 2. Introduction forum | 3. How to Post Images | 4. Firearm Classifieds
Coated bullets

Smith and Wesson moving to Tennessee

RandallC

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like sometimes around 2025 smith and Wesson will be primarily located out of Blount county Tennessee.

I’m sure by now you have read it or seen it around different outlets but I thought I would be good discussion for us here since Tenn is real close to Alabama and I use smith and Wesson quite a bit as for edc.

Dfalt

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep, this is great news. Hopefully all the other gun manufacturers will realize they're in enemy territory and move to the South where we'll actually appreciate them.

Reactions: Trs

tbk5

Established Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they'll move all their operations down too. They have been in Springfield MA about 170 years. The fools in MA state government are talking about passing a law to ban the manufacture of "assault" rifles in the state.

None of you would believe the stupid gun laws (or sometimes threat of laws) they have in that state. I am thankful every day that I escaped the people's republic of assachusetts.

As I hear it, they are moving corporate offices first. I suspect it will take a while to move forging, machining and metal finishing facilities. They have railway at their site to move materials and products.

They have a history of caving to dumb demands from the local pols. For examples, they had a public range and tours but stoped them due to political presure. Hopefully this wil be a rebirth for them.

kwb377

Established Member
Reaction score
Hopefully their quality doesn't decline as some others that have moved South.

There are a lot of complaints about Berettas manufactured in Gallatin, TN, and I think the the quality (or lack thereof) of Remingtons coming out of Huntsville was a contributing factor to their demise.

A quote to me from one of the production-line managers at Huntsville while they were still operating was, "I can't believe we don't a 100% return rate with these dumb mf'ers putting these things together. There's no way I'd buy a gun made here."

Reactions: Trs