Snow

tbk5

Established Member
Jun 21, 2018
Springville, AL
We moved to the south from New England to get AWAY from the snow! Even though it was 15 degrees, the snow melted on the driveway as the sun came out.
IMG_0735.jpg

copperhead-1911

Established Member
Feb 29, 2016
New castle/livingston
Sorry no pics but a story. Freshman year at UWA ( Livingston university) They got the first snow in the area in I do not know how long. Now I am from the Mid-atlantic Mason/Dixon area. I saw snow all the time.

Well I was doing something about 6pm or whenever when it first started. Well people were out in the snow and this one girl is like "Come play in the snow with us" and I am like "Damn you act like you never saw snow before" I forget where she was from, but it does not snow there often and a friend goes "Dude most of them have not seen any" People were driving like 20 miles an hour on the highway and i think they might have gotten an inch of snow.

I freaking hate snow. miss Alabama and its one of the places I have thought of relocating to. The wife really is not too keen on moving too far south as she is from PA but would fit in in most of Alabama. Now it looks like the Damn snow is all over.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
The snow here in AL is tolerable, it snows, and in a day its forgotten. Its a huge plus to living here.

Growing up in Virginia, there were some miserable snow storms that just screwed life up for a week or more. What made it worse was that many companies (including one I worked for) were dicks about making everyone come to work in the snow.

I will never forget the day that an early afternoon snow started and I asked my manager if I could leave early (I would charge vacation time) I got laughed at and told no. That night I ended up taking almost 4 hours to get home (what was normally a 20-30 minute drive) and I parked my car in a pizza hut and walked home the last mile or so. So many people got their cars stuck that the roads were just unpassable.