Sold/Found SOLD

Eaglekeeper

Established Member
Dec 13, 2020
Scottsboro
Hey All,

I have some .44 handloads, both Magnum and Special loads, that I no longer have a use for. Before I start pulling bullets in preparation to, hopefully, trade off the components, I wanted to check and see if there is interest in the loaded rounds. I think most people, as I would be, are skeptical about shooting handloads they did not load themselves, unless they know the person and their methods very well.

The Specials are 240 gr Hornady XTP over 19.0 gr Hodgdon H110, some with CCI350 primer and some with WLP primer. Cases are Starline.
The Magnums are a mix of 240 gr Hornady XTP and 240 gr Speer Gold Dot over 23.0 gr (some 22.5 gr) Hodgdon H110, with some CCI350 and some WLP. Cases are a mix of Federal and Winchester, with a couple of stray Frontiers.

If you guys can let me know what you think, I will either get to pulling bullets or put up the details of everything I have with quantities and such.

I have primed and unprimed brass and some dies to move as well. I plan to try to list all of this stuff together when ready.

Eaglekeeper

Established Member
Dec 13, 2020
Scottsboro
I am interested in the 44 mag brass that is not reloaded and has no primer.
Hey Tator Man,

I have only 8 pieces of W-W Super .44Mag once-fired brass, so may not be worth the hassle for you. I am going to list in another post exactly what I have, since Targe asked about the qty and price for the handloads. If you see anything else there you are interested in, that might help.

RustyShackleford

Established Member
Aug 20, 2019
Montgomery
Hey All,

I have some .44 handloads, both Magnum and Special loads, that I no longer have a use for. Before I start pulling bullets in preparation to, hopefully, trade off the components, I wanted to check and see if there is interest in the loaded rounds. I think most people, as I would be, are skeptical about shooting handloads they did not load themselves, unless they know the person and their methods very well.

The Specials are 240 gr Hornady XTP over 19.0 gr Hodgdon H110, some with CCI350 primer and some with WLP primer. Cases are Starline.
The Magnums are a mix of 240 gr Hornady XTP and 240 gr Speer Gold Dot over 23.0 gr (some 22.5 gr) Hodgdon H110, with some CCI350 and some WLP. Cases are a mix of Federal and Winchester, with a couple of stray Frontiers.

If you guys can let me know what you think, I will either get to pulling bullets or put up the details of everything I have with quantities and such.

I have primed and unprimed brass and some dies to move as well. I plan to try to list all of this stuff together when ready.
I would be interested in the 44 special rounds. Email me at mmcgough@live.com please. I am in Montgomery Alabama but travel all over the state for work.

Eaglekeeper

Established Member
Dec 13, 2020
Scottsboro
44 Special rounds using H110 powder?
Really?
You trying to blow up a gun or take somebody's hand off?
Most .44 Spl loads you will find listed are for use with cast bullets and are designed to be safe in .44 Spl-only guns such as the Colt SAA. Most are also listed with cast bullets. The .44 Spl loads I have listed are designed to be used in modern revolvers made since the 1950s or so. These loads are relatively mild, from a pressure perspective, when compared to .44 Magnum loads using the same bullet and powder. These will develop around 25,000psi, whereas a typical 240 gr JHP load using H-110 in .44 Magnum will develop 32,000 to 34,000 psi. The SAAMI maximum pressure for the .44 Mag is 36,000 psi.

So, while I would certainly caution anyone against using a similar load in an old Colt, any modern .44 Special would have no problem with these loads and certainly any .44 Magnum revolver would handle these with ease.

BTW, the load data came from Brian Pierce, noted handgun hunter and writer for Handloader Magazine, who developed several similar loads for his S&W Model 24-6 .44 Special.

Hope that helps alleviate any concerns.