Spare Ammo for Your J-Frame

• Alabama Gun Forum is a free, privatly owned and supported community of gun owners. We are free to join and free to use the marketplace. We are always working to improve the community. Please be aware of all forum rules and all gun regulations related to selling and buying firearms. Alabama Gun Forum is not responsible for trasnactions on this forum.

Welcome To AlabamaGunForum!

Alabama Gun Forum is a place to buy, sell and talk firearms for free and privately. Not on facebook, locally owned!

Register Log in

4CERTN

Just thought I'd share something with the members here, a way I've been carrying spare ammo for a S&W J-frame snubby for a while that's worked pretty well for me.

Admittedly, speed loaders would be a better choice than what I use. My only concern, personally, with those is their concealment.

I've been using speed-strips, available from Bianchi and others. My favorite has become the Tuff Products Quick-Strip. I further like their 8-shot model, downloaded to just the 5 rounds that my .38 will hold. This gives me a little room to work with on a reload, and I'll take all the help I can get there haha...

With my setup, I'll load 2 then 2 then 1.

Shown here is my S&W 442, a couple of Quick-Strips, my JW O'Rourke pocket holster, and the Tuff Products double-strip pouch that I carry strong-side forward of the hip. It's compact, unobtrusive, and out of the way of both my front pocket and any larger handgun that may be on my strong-side hip.

I like to practice reloads and dry-fire with snap caps whenever I can, as well.

Attachments

1SGEd

Thanks for sharing. I have the S&W 637 and I have been considering the speed loaders for a while but I don't see how you can conceal carry them practically. Speed strips might be the way to go. I will look into the Tuff products pouch.

Donate to AlGunForum
Stone
opovoo

New Sales

Members online

No members online now.

Who Has Visited