suppressor issues

scooter

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2022
Lamar County AL
I just received my suppressor; it is a banish 30, I put it on my colt AR in .223, my colt has an A-1 full size stock, buffer weight is unknown, the point of impact dropped 6" at 100 yards, I corrected that, it's on out to 200 yards, the issue that I'm having is that there is a lot of blow back through the action, the rounds ejected, and the rounds left in the mag are blackened, and the cases eject around the 1-2 o'clock position, without the suppressor, the cases ejected around the 4-5 o'clock position, I know that suppressors have known issue with back pressure, what I do not know is, do I need to increase or decrease the buffer weight? and without a stamp on the buffer, how do you determine the existing buffer weight? I know they make a H-1, H-2 H-3 buffer, mine has a yellowish nylon tip.
Any suggestions from experience would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

kwb377

Established Member
Dec 16, 2019
North JeffCo
I don't think I've ever seen but one buffer weight for A1/A2 rifle length receiver extensions.

I have a flow-through suppressor and I still get some gas in the face and lots of filth in the reciever and magazine/remaining rounds. If you're averaging @ 4:30 ejection pattern, that's almost perfect...unless you're having function issues, I'd just shoot it and enjoy it.

Screenshot_20240226-082218_Facebook.jpg

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
I might try an H2 buffer. Yours is likely an H1 in a full size colt. What barrel length are you using?

I’m a fan of the Geissele H2 buffer with super 42 spring. I run H2 and H3 on my suppressed rifles. Most are URGI 11.5” barrel length with carbine gas system with H3s. I also run some Sig MPX and 516 uppers with various barrel lengths (5.56 and 300) with H2s

scooter

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2022
Lamar County AL
thanks for the help, 16" barrel, my gun is all factory except for the stock, for some reason, I've never liked the telescoping stocks, however I have several telescoping stocks, I will try one with a different buffer,
it's nice knowing that back pressure and some blacking of the mag is ok, i will try other options to get back to the 3-4 ejection angle.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
With a 16” barrel I would try an H2. I’m not familiar with your suppressor. Might ask their tech support also.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Good luck with it. I got hooked on suppressors after I moved back to Alabama a few years ago. I rarely shoot without one now.

New Sales