The "Gunbelt"

• Alabama Gun Forum is a free, privatly owned and supported community of gun owners. We are free to join and free to use the marketplace. We are always working to improve the community. Please be aware of all forum rules and all gun regulations related to selling and buying firearms. Alabama Gun Forum is not responsible for trasnactions on this forum.

Welcome To AlabamaGunForum!

Alabama Gun Forum is a place to buy, sell and talk firearms for free and privately. Not on facebook, locally owned!

Register Log in

4CERTN

I've carried for a fair while (20+ years) but only very recently (2 years ago) followed advice I'd read over and over: if carrying a handgun of any appreciable girth, do yourself a favor and get a decent belt.

I've worn-out more cheap belts than I could keep up with over these years. Typically favoring heavier handguns (SIGs, 1911s, etc.), I constantly battled holster-sag to no avail.

Granted, I don't pack a gun on the belt ALL the time these days. But a couple of years ago, I purchased a double-thickness leather belt from A&G Gunleather and now, frankly, I'm spoiled.

I wear this belt virtually all the time, whether I'm carrying on the belt or not. I actually have TWO of them I like them so much!

I opted for A&G's "Quick Ship" belt in brown, 1.5" width, with a brass buckle. The choices are virtually limitless with them and, in sure, with the many, many other leather-crafters out there.

While I've not yet personally tried them, I hear very good things about various "gun-carrying-oriented" non-leather belts such as the 5.11 Wilderness Instructor line. I'd like to give one of those a try sometime.

What have your belt-carrying experiences been?

image.jpeg

RandallC

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
That looks good, I should look into one but i always look for a police type belt when I am buying a new one but I also buy the cheapest thing I can for a belt the best I have now is doing really well for iwb and owb and it wsa 14 from walmart.

4CERTN

Funny you say that - some of the best belts I had prior to getting one from A&G had come from either Walmart or Academy Sports!

Donate to AlGunForum
Stone
opovoo

New Sales

Members online

No members online now.

Who Has Visited