The "Gunbelt"

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
I've carried for a fair while (20+ years) but only very recently (2 years ago) followed advice I'd read over and over: if carrying a handgun of any appreciable girth, do yourself a favor and get a decent belt.

I've worn-out more cheap belts than I could keep up with over these years. Typically favoring heavier handguns (SIGs, 1911s, etc.), I constantly battled holster-sag to no avail.

Granted, I don't pack a gun on the belt ALL the time these days. But a couple of years ago, I purchased a double-thickness leather belt from A&G Gunleather and now, frankly, I'm spoiled.

I wear this belt virtually all the time, whether I'm carrying on the belt or not. I actually have TWO of them I like them so much!

I opted for A&G's "Quick Ship" belt in brown, 1.5" width, with a brass buckle. The choices are virtually limitless with them and, in sure, with the many, many other leather-crafters out there.

While I've not yet personally tried them, I hear very good things about various "gun-carrying-oriented" non-leather belts such as the 5.11 Wilderness Instructor line. I'd like to give one of those a try sometime.

What have your belt-carrying experiences been?

image.jpeg

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
That looks good, I should look into one but i always look for a police type belt when I am buying a new one but I also buy the cheapest thing I can for a belt the best I have now is doing really well for iwb and owb and it wsa 14 from walmart.

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
Funny you say that - some of the best belts I had prior to getting one from A&G had come from either Walmart or Academy Sports!