Troy industries moving to Tenn.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Aren't they the guys that hired Lon Horiuchi?
Appears to be yes after a search for the name. I am not super up to deal on the ruby ridge thing as I was quite younger then. I know about it but not all the details.

(Maybe someone can make a topic and we can discuss it to length)

But yes it looks like they hired him and another member of the group in that train wreck.

Zero

Established Member
Sep 6, 2020
Madison County
Appears to be yes after a search for the name. I am not super up to deal on the ruby ridge thing as I was quite younger then. I know about it but not all the details.

(Maybe someone can make a topic and we can discuss it to length)

But yes it looks like they hired him and another member of the group in that train wreck.
TLDR version: an undercover ATF agent kept harassing Weaver to cut down a shotgun and sell it to him. After being constantly asked he gave in so the agent would leave him alone, resulting in a firearms charge. Weaver, his family, and a friend named Kevin Harris engaged in an armed standoff with U.S. Marshals and FBI agents.

During the standoff, Weaver’s 14-year-old son Sammy was shot in the back and killed by a U.S. Marshal (Sammy was running away from the marshals after they shot and killed his dog). When they killed Sammy, Harris shot and killed U.S. Marshal William Degan. Weaver was later shot in the back by a sniper, after which Harris was shot. Weaver's wife, Vicki, was shot and killed by a federal sniper (Horiuchi) in her home while holding her infant daughter.

Basically the ATF entrapped a guy, said guy decided not to go to court for the charge, and a bunch of feds came and murdered half his family over it.