Walmart

dmrice251

Established Member
Aug 17, 2019
Baldwin County
What are y’all thoughts on Walmart? There going to discontinue the sale of 8mm and 5.56 ammo. I’d love to say that I’d never shop there again, but I know that’s probably not practical.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I will end up shopping there more, I never purchased much from them as far as hunting, fishing or outdoors. I bought a cooler from them and some knives.

I think they are liberal and making a bad choice.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
I really hate corporate political activism. I wish companies would just STFU about what their positions are on controversial topics and do what the are supposed to do, provide me goods and services to purchase. If an item is LEGAL and fitting inside their business model, they should sell it.

That said, I shop at Amazon to I might as well keep shopping at walmart. Both offer things I need at good prices, and I would be out of places to shop if I avoided all companies I disagreed with.

I stopped buying ammo at walmart when they insisted on scanning my drivers license for the purchase. No one collecting random data will ever end well for anyone.

Rural King put out a nice gun friendly notice to the public, too bad there are not any close to me. I would give them more business if I could.

Corporatocracy, not a good direction for the US...

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Yes so Walmart sales ammo or sold at one time but to get the best price you can had better. Academy sales ammo cheap now days around $10 for 50 rounds 9mm.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
The FOP range sells brass 9mm for less than $10 for a 50 round box (its like $9.79) 19.5 cents per round

Best deal I have had recently for brass cased name brand 9mm,, was 15.5 cents per round
can do 17 cents per round most days and 18 cents per round all day every day

When you see that start to change and price starts to hit 21 or 22 cents per round, you know we are in trouble.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I’m sitting here wondering if we will see that since they are stopping selling ammo. Everyone had to compete with Walmart now with them stopping sales will we see ammo go up?

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
Walmart claims
Walmart says it sells 20% of ammunition in US

I am not sure I believe that or I am seriously miscalculating how much hunting ammo walmart is really selling

Anyone buying in bulk is NOT buying from wallyworld as they usually only stock limited supply of any one ammo these days

I am hoping smaller gun stores and online stores simply pick up the slack and prices stay about the same for anyone with a choice in who they buy from. If you live in CA, you are screwed as they don't allow online sales, so for many there, they had no choice but to shop walmart, it was all they had.

Should be interesting to see

dmrice251

Established Member
Aug 17, 2019
Baldwin County
I really hate corporate political activism. I wish companies would just STFU about what their positions are on controversial topics and do what the are supposed to do, provide me goods and services to purchase. If an item is LEGAL and fitting inside their business model, they should sell it.

That said, I shop at Amazon to I might as well keep shopping at walmart. Both offer things I need at good prices, and I would be out of places to shop if I avoided all companies I disagreed with.

I stopped buying ammo at walmart when they insisted on scanning my drivers license for the purchase. No one collecting random data will ever end well for anyone.

Rural King put out a nice gun friendly notice to the public, too bad there are not any close to me. I would give them more business if I could.

Corporatocracy, not a good direction for the US...
Agree. I still use Amazon, shop at Walmart/Sam's. When you live on a tight budget, you have to shop where you get the best deal.

dmrice251

Established Member
Aug 17, 2019
Baldwin County
I will end up shopping there more, I never purchased much from them as far as hunting, fishing or outdoors. I bought a cooler from them and some knives.

I think they are liberal and making a bad choice.
One of these days I'd like a company to come out after one of those shootings offering concealed carry training to their employees. Maybe even an option to buy a gun through the company. what kind of employee discount do you think Walmart could offer if they bought a couple hundred thousand Glock 19's or Smith and Wesson M & P's. That'd be a heck of an employee benefit. I know that it would make their stores safer. Who would take a chance on robbing a Walmart if you knew that most of the employees were carrying. Just my thoughts. Probably will never happen. I bet Sam Walton is rolling over in his grave. Being a country boy from Arkansas, he's probably all about toting a gun.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
and today I am buying more and more from Amazon.com and Walmart.com (and even Target.com) trying to get whatever I can online to avoid going to stores.