What groups are you part of? NRA, GOA, SAF

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Which groups are you part of and why. I am looking to join one but unsure of what to join?

Rubicon

Established Member
Dec 28, 2020
North Alabama
Which groups are you part of and why. I am looking to join one but unsure of what to join?
The NRA is one of the largest supporters of gun control out there. The organization even helped write the NFA and GCA of 1938. Their history of supporting gun control is quite long if you care to look into it.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
The NRA is one of the largest supporters of gun control out there. The organization even helped write the NFA and GCA of 1938. Their history of supporting gun control is quite long if you care to look into it.
Everyone knows the nra they do have a long history and even brighter future getting out of New York.
Are you part of the nra or any of the other or even local?

Rubicon

Established Member
Dec 28, 2020
North Alabama
I'm a college student and don't have a lot of income, especially since covid. I'm not a member of any organization. I had my eye on NAGR (truly unfortunate acronym) but their recent attacks on biden brand gun control while ignoring trump brand gun control bothered me a lot. I didn't see GOA attacking or going to bat for anyone, so they're top of the list pending further research. Maybe I will eventualy support the NRA if their move to Texas is a precursor to actual significant change within the organization but they would have to stop compromising my rights away and start trying to repair the damage they've helped cause so far.

What is there locally?

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Bamacarry.org locally

I have been watching GOA but I have not seen much movement from them. The one besides NRA that has my eye is fpf firearms policy foundation and fpc firearms policy coalition.

I follow both on the leftbook to keep up with them and what they are doing.

octal

Established Member
Feb 5, 2021
Pelham
I'm a monthly GOA contributor.

I let my NRA membership expire. IMO, they are too wimpy when it comes to ATF rule changes. I also think they spend too much $$ on salaries and expense accounts.