What kinds of Whisk(e)y you fellas drink?

Toddknocker

Established Member
Apr 17, 2022
Prattville
Old Forrester 1910, Four Roses single barrel, Woodford Double Oaked, Bulleit 10 year. Lately I’m enjoying an excellent Wild Turkey Rare Breed. Cask strength at 116 proof.

schief

Established Member
Feb 18, 2018
Chelsea, AL
Willet, Chattanooga, Rare Breed Rye and Bourbon, High West Double Rye, Redbreast Irish, Russell’s Reserve and Monkey Shoulder.

alan.thurber1993

Established Member
Jan 1, 2022
Marion, AL
I mostly stay with crown. I like all of their selections straight or mixed. I should branch out and try more. I don’t mind jack either. I used to love Buffalo trace but havent had it in years. Back in my more “broke” days, the only one we bought was heaven hills. Lol

CBG

Established Member
Apr 23, 2021
Hoover, AL
OK. You folks are way ahead of me. Used to enjoy Bacardi Dark years ago but assumed Bacardi stopped making it. As far as Bourbon, I still prefer Bulleit and Wild turkey over ice with no water and no carcenogenic Coke. Was recently gifted a bottle of Elijah Craig (Small Batch 1789) by a good friend and find it warm and wonderful. Thanks for all the tips on brands and retailers.

KC1911

Established Member
Jun 5, 2017
LA
I do old fashions so i like the bulletit rye but sazerac rye is my favorite.
woodford reserve
clyde may's
are both readily available as well.

lowsky

Established Member
Apr 20, 2022
Tuscaloosa, AL
I’m a bourbon - scotch man. WT101 and Larceny are my go to bourbons now that I can’t find Buffalo Trace or Weller very easily. Scotch’s are Ardbeg and Talisker. Ardbeg is an absolute peat bomb. Love it.
Maybe I'm basic, but I only like Jack Daniels if its on the rocks. I can do Crown as a premium mixer

Tired old man

Established Member
Jul 2, 2022
Near Birmingham
For pure sipping enjoyment Angel’s Envy is my favorite. Last weekend I was in Kentucky. Went into a couple stores and I was amazed at the diversity, selection and low prices.

Came home with bottle of Angels Envy and a ten year bottle of Knob Creek.

SMOKEEATERFF

Established Member
Sep 18, 2022
Troy, AL
White label Jim Beam is my go to as it tastes good and cheap. Buffalo Trace if I want to spend a little more. Crown apple and sprite is awesome.

DuaneW

Established Member
Jun 1, 2021
Talladega County
I’ll confess that I’m largely ignorant to the ways of whiskey haha. I will toss back a shot of good, old Jack Daniels from time to time. Their “Tennessee Fire” variety is (not to sound too much like a commercial here) intensely refreshing. :)
Gentlemen Jack

Griz375

Established Member
Feb 15, 2021
W TN, 38105
Anything in a Cdn Rye, 10-12 YO,
pretty much any small batch Bourbon although Woodford & Makers are probably the top of that pile, any peaty single Malt:
BenRiach, Bruichladdich, Lagavulin, Laphroaig, Oban or Talisker.
Any dark rum over 5-6 YO.
Irish doesn’t have near the selection it used to but Merry and any mature Bottling (8-10yo+) will do to be going on with.

I'm always open to suggestions however . . . .;)