Where is everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theothermikeg

Established Member
Jan 19, 2022
Birmingham
I'm sure it's tough to find and keep members in a state-specific forum like this one. There's a lot of competition out there and I'm guessing that many shooters want to hang around in the big forums with lots of members who post lots of threads. I lurk in a few of those but I only post here-I just prefer the local/neighbor aspect of it. Unfortunately, the thing that makes AGF great for me may seem like a limiting factor to others. Glad to hear that we're growing. Slow and steady, right?

TwinGlock40z

Jan 26, 2022
Wetumpka
Is this the most active forum in Alabama? I’m not being rude by any means… I did a lot of searching since moving to Alabama earlier this year from Georgia. This seems to be the most active from what I can find. However I expected to find something more active. I guess I am coming from Georgia which has the Outdoor Trader(technically not state specific but 99% Georgia folks). So I might be a tad spoiled. Again not being rude… but that site has more activity in an hour than this site in a week. I hope no one starts stoning me for mentioning this or that site… had heard at one time there was some bad blood between the main folks here and the main folks at the Outdoor Trader.

texkev

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2022
Texas
Is this the most active forum in Alabama? I’m not being rude by any means… I did a lot of searching since moving to Alabama earlier this year from Georgia. This seems to be the most active from what I can find. However I expected to find something more active. I guess I am coming from Georgia which has the Outdoor Trader(technically not state specific but 99% Georgia folks). So I might be a tad spoiled. Again not being rude… but that site has more activity in an hour than this site in a week. I hope no one starts stoning me for mentioning this or that site… had heard at one time there was some bad blood between the main folks here and the main folks at the Outdoor Trader.
It's new, and slowly growing, once we do message everyone in the Gulf Coast Forum with AL- Alabama in location, that really may help. I know the guy that runs that forum, no issues with me or him. May have been someone else, I have not been here that long.

TwinGlock40z

Jan 26, 2022
Wetumpka
It's new, and slowly growing, once we do message everyone in the Gulf Coast Forum with AL- Alabama in location, that really may help. I know the guy that runs that forum, no issues with me or him. May have been someone else, I have not been here that long.
Got ya… well I’ll definitely start mentioning this site to folks I come across.

kmann

Established Member
Feb 6, 2022
Gardendale
I only found out about this site because I googled “Alabama used guns” when Armslist and Tacswap started to bore me.

texkev

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2022
Texas
Is this site supposed to be primarily a classified site for firearms?
well if nobody is posting elsewhere then it tends to be more classifieds it seem right now

Status
Not open for further replies.