WTB 5.45 rifle

Mugi-wara

Established Member
Jan 3, 2022
NW Bama
Looking for a 5.45 rifle. Does not have to be a safe queen as I am looking for one to shoot not to store up and just look at it on occasion.

SouthernGunner13

Established Member
Feb 8, 2021
I have a collectors 545 rifle I'm about to list on gunbroker (unless I have some good fortune soon haha), but it's probably of no interest to you. But just in case, it's a IWI Galil Ace gen1 unfired with the letter of authenticity for $3,000.

Mugi-wara

Established Member
Jan 3, 2022
NW Bama
I have a collectors 545 rifle I'm about to list on gunbroker (unless I have some good fortune soon haha), but it's probably of no interest to you. But just in case, it's a IWI Galil Ace gen1 unfired with the letter of authenticity for $3,000.

Thanks for the offer, but truth be told, I am looking for a beater. I love 5.45, but there are some that have gotten so outrageous, that you hate to shoot them anymore, if you know what I mean.

SouthernGunner13

Established Member
Feb 8, 2021
Absolutely, after I sell this I'll try to get the non-collectable gen2 version, but it'll be a shooter. It'll get tossed on the ground like the rest of them.
I've been arguing with myself since I got it on whether or not I was going to shoot it. Honestly, I don't want a gun I don't want to shoot. It's the only 545 firearm I've ever owned so I still have no experience with 545, and that needs to change.

Mugi-wara

Established Member
Jan 3, 2022
NW Bama
I think you will like it. Very soft recoil and a very flat shooting round. The secondary market is absurd and very overpriced at the moment. To be honest, I feel it is being dominated by speculators rather than shooters at the moment. Hopefully that will pass sooner rather than later.

Like you, I may just have to wait and just purchase a gen 2 in the 16" format. It'll be cheaper than what some are wanting for parts kits...