WTB AR Parts

alan.thurber1993

Established Member
Jan 1, 2022
Marion, AL
Can someone post some links to y’all’s favorite lowers and uppers and build kits? Anyone have some they are wanting to part with? I’m more interested in the lower end AR stuff. I’ve already got my hog AR. I want to build 4 for me and my three brothers, so I need lots of pieces. Thanks.

bamabum

Staff member
Oct 19, 2020
Wedowee
For the money and the price range you are looking for, in my opinion, you cannot go wrong with Palmetto State. You can be all in at just over $400 for a complete rifle (plus shipping, taxes, and FFL fees), with basic mil-spec components or step it up a notch and move to Magpul furniture for just a little more. I would look at their "Daily Deals" section. Link below:

If you decide to move to a "cut above", in my opinion, then look at Aero Precision and Ballistic Advantage. Sign up for their emails and get notified of their sales. For future resell and/or trading purposes, both Aero and BA seem to hold their value well:

alan.thurber1993

Established Member
Jan 1, 2022
Marion, AL
For the money and the price range you are looking for, in my opinion, you cannot go wrong with Palmetto State. You can be all in at just over $400 for a complete rifle (plus shipping, taxes, and FFL fees), with basic mil-spec components or step it up a notch and move to Magpul furniture for just a little more. I would look at their "Daily Deals" section. Link below:

If you decide to move to a "cut above", in my opinion, then look at Aero Precision and Ballistic Advantage. Sign up for their emails and get notified of their sales. For future resell and/or trading purposes, both Aero and BA seem to hold their value well:

Thanks that’s helpful. Yeah I don’t care about resale. I’ll never sell them. I do want good stuff good quality that will last forever. I’ve only ever gone with magpul. Love em

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Thanks that’s helpful. Yeah I don’t care about resale. I’ll never sell them. I do want good stuff good quality that will last forever. I’ve only ever gone with magpul. Love em
In that case, if you go the PSA route stick to the Classic line over the cheaper Freedom line as the build quality is better or go a step up to something like Aero.

Remmy21

Established Member
Jan 11, 2022
Fort rucker
Just commenting on the palmetto state armory rifle. Got myself one for Christmas. Only put 30 rounds through it so far because my buddies mp5 was a lot more fun but it’s definitely better build quality then my radical. I did have 3 light strikes in the first 6 round so I just fired off a quick ten rounds and it seemed good after that. Was about 450 all said and done.

edtalabama

Established Member
Apr 8, 2022
gulf shores
Can someone post some links to y’all’s favorite lowers and uppers and build kits? Anyone have some they are wanting to part with? I’m more interested in the lower end AR stuff. I’ve already got my hog AR. I want to build 4 for me and my three brothers, so I need lots of pieces. Thanks.
Did you find the AR parts you were looking for? I have a bunch of stuff that I no longer need. Some is new and some are takeoffs from when I changed stuff I didn't like, stocks, lower parts and sets. A 10" barrel for building a pistol, etc...

BCK

Established Member
Oct 29, 2020
McCalla
I've bought several uppers from Bear Creek Arsenal and so far so good. Also, I have new for sale an magazine adapter to convert regular AR to 9mm, also have 2 32 round mags and the proper buffer for the carbine stock. All you need is to buy an AR 9mm upper and you're ready to go. Thanks.
Bryan 205-368-7503

JT300

Smooth Brain in Alabama only local preferred
Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
I've bought several uppers from Bear Creek Arsenal and so far so good. Also, I have new for sale an magazine adapter to convert regular AR to 9mm, also have 2 32 round mags and the proper buffer for the carbine stock. All you need is to buy an AR 9mm upper and you're ready to go. Thanks.
Bryan 205-368-7503
I thought about getting an adapter. Do they work well? I see BCA just came out with some 9mm uppers thought about getting one.

whiskerz

Established Member
Sep 13, 2022
Geneva
Bryan 205-368-7503

You can do better than Bear Creek anywhere else. Short chambered barrels seem to be a common complaint. Not to mention they hire illegals in the plant. I would buy a PSA or a Delton or even some of the Aimsurplus house stuff long before a Bear Creek

JT300

Smooth Brain in Alabama only local preferred
Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
You can do better than Bear Creek anywhere else. Short chambered barrels seem to be a common complaint. Not to mention they hire illegals in the plant. I would buy a PSA or a Delton or even some of the Aimsurplus house stuff long before a Bear Creek
I did not know of this and honestly wasn't familiar with a short barreled chamber really didn't even know what that was till you mentioned it thanks

Xero

Established Member
May 20, 2021
Auburn
BCA supplies a lot of Delton barrels.