Your Friend the Flashlight

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
How many of you carry a flashlight with you? Part of the time, maybe even all the time?

I'd never even thought of doing so until reading about it on a forum similar to this one about 14 years ago.

Since then, I've tried a few different lights and have developed some strong preferences - what about you?

This "salty" StreamLight PT-2L is to be found on me alllllmost all the time.

Also, I've lately really taken to this combo mag / light pouch (this one is the SOS Speir Off-Side model from Mitch Rosen; lots of other examples abound - light is a Surefire G2X...think I'm remembering that model number correctly...) image.jpeg image.jpeg

butterbean

Established Member
Jan 29, 2016
I carry a streamlight micro pro in my pocket everyday, and a streamlight stylus pro if I have on a shirt with a pocket. Both are little and pretty bright.

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
How funny to come back across this thread. My old Streamlight is only looking saltier, though I came across a deal on two gently-used Surefires last year. I’ve been carrying one or the other in a front pocket all the time since. FD1A5806-43A9-43C5-B7CF-15B537B171ED.jpeg

Rayd8

Established Member
Army
Feb 11, 2019
Rocket City
I have the SF Backup for my wife and the EDCL2. I love the 2 way clips so the light goes in up or down. I’ve read these are exchangeable and come in different lengths which allow the light to sit lower or higher in the pocket.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I have a coast i carry in my truck.

Great light and the rechargeable battery also serves as a backup charger with a USB port.

I also have a streamlight stingray. Also a great light very bright but also shorter battery life.