Anyone Experienced with PSA AK-47?

closing

Keep most Sales within Alabama and on this Forum.
Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama
Anyone Experienced with PSA AK-47?

never had an AK so was really wondering if anyone had any knowledge on the reliability and any problems they may have. Thank you.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
I've heard the gen 3s are better but don't have any real experience with them so take that with a grain of salt. Supposedly the Kalashnikov USA AKs are good for an American-built AK though

closing

Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama
I've heard the gen 3s are better but don't have any real experience with them so take that with a grain of salt. Supposedly the Kalashnikov USA AKs are good for an American-built AK though
Hey Thanks I was trying to look those up but forgot to put USA lol.

9mm

Established Member
Jul 23, 2016
Mobile
PSA is excellent in their AK gf3 gen 3 is good to go and a lifetime warranty from a company that has been around for a while and keeps growing. Love mine!!

Dan the Man

Established Member
Nov 13, 2020
Northwest AL
If you are wanting to get into AKs I would avoid PSA. I think the American made AKs need a little more work before I'd say they are good to go(KUSA may be at this point already I have not heard a bad report yet).

If I were you get a good import. The Zastava ZPAP M70 would be a good choice or a WASR 10. Check out atlanticfirearms.com, their Polish imports are considered some of the best. Also keep you eyes open for a MAK90 or SAR in pawn shops.

Imports are a better deal overall. They are made right, are proven,, and hold value better.. Do your research, there are some bad imports like IO. Learn what to look for and you'll have a gun that will be enjoyed by your great great grandkids.

closing

Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama
If you are wanting to get into AKs I would avoid PSA. I think the American made AKs need a little more work before I'd say they are good to go(KUSA may be at this point already I have not heard a bad report yet).

If I were you get a good import. The Zastava ZPAP M70 would be a good choice or a WASR 10. Check out atlanticfirearms.com, their Polish imports are considered some of the best. Also keep you eyes open for a MAK90 or SAR in pawn shops.

Imports are a better deal overall. They are made right, are proven,, and hold value better.. Do your research, there are some bad imports like IO. Learn what to look for and you'll have a gun that will be enjoyed by your great great grandkids.
Thanks I had saw one I had thought it was a good price but I think being patient for those models you pointed out would be for the best. I just looked for it again cant find it it was a blem looked just like this on but a different stock. Thank you for the wise advice.

Mugi-wara

Established Member
Jan 3, 2022
NW Bama
Thanks I had saw one I had thought it was a good price but I think being patient for those models you pointed out would be for the best. I just looked for it again cant find it it was a blem looked just like this on but a different stock. Thank you for the wise advice.

I agree with Dan's advice on buying a reliable import. Don't be afraid to buy a used rifle, just check for signs of abnormal wear. If you want a good video on some things to look for, check out AKOU on youtube. Rob has a video specific to that very topic (buying used). He has some good vids for people looking to get into AK's.

As far as the PSA AK's. Several people have had good luck out of the GF3's. However, that is no guarantee. On a side note, the whole "blemished" thing is generally just a marketing ploy.

closing

Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama
I agree with Dan's advice on buying a reliable import. Don't be afraid to buy a used rifle, just check for signs of abnormal wear. If you want a good video on some things to look for, check out AKOU on youtube. Rob has a video specific to that very topic (buying used). He has some good vids for people looking to get into AK's.

As far as the PSA AK's. Several people have had good luck out of the GF3's. However, that is no guarantee. On a side note, the whole "blemished" thing is generally just a marketing ploy.
Thanks for the info I will check out his YouTube and it is good to know about the blem thing, I appreciate it. I'll take my time to do the research.

9mm

Established Member
Jul 23, 2016
Mobile

Get one and never look back.