Bad Time to Buy a Gun?

staticflownut

Established Member
Mar 3, 2021
Birmingham
Do you consider it a good time or a bad time to buy a gun?

To me, the inflated prices and few options on the used market make it a bad time to buy a gun. The inventory at gun stores seems to be way down due to such a huge demand.

Even so, is there ever really a bad time to buy a gun?

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
It is not the best of times to buy a gun

However, if you are patient there are some reasonable prices out there. It took me about 2 months of looking to find my latest purchase at a reasonable price, but I was able to. There are some dealers out there that are not taking as much advantage of the situation as others are.

Be smart, know what you want to pay and know what a gun is worth and start looking.

Last edited:

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
The best time to buy a gun was 2019 or earlier before all the recent BS started. That said Kenny's right, if you're patient and look for deals guns can be had at not terrible prices; ammo on the otherhand is another story. I'm at the point where I have enough but not enough to go casually shoot without worrying about being able to replace it. Lesson learned, gonna buy cheap and stack deep when (if) we get another chance.

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Do you consider it a good time or a bad time to buy a gun?

To me, the inflated prices and few options on the used market make it a bad time to buy a gun. The inventory at gun stores seems to be way down due to such a huge demand.

Even so, is there ever really a bad time to buy a gun?
Hey Static, Since you really haven't detailed your personal situation I would have to say this: If you and your Family are Currently Without a Firearm(s) then you Absolutely Need to Procure One ASAP!!! I Cannot Stress that Enough if that is the case...Now, if you are in good shape with the proper firearm(s) for self and home defense along with plenty of ammo then by all means you can be patient and seek out good deals...They are out there and remember Patience is a Virtue...It will be rewarded! Take Care... :oops:

Last edited:

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
If you want some help finding a reasonable deal, post up what you think you want. I always have my eyes open for a deal

For example, this is a great budget 9mm

SAR USA B6 SEMI-AUTO DA/SA 9MM 4.5"

right now their email price is $300 (KY Gun Co is a good place to buy from)

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Also I don't particularly like Reddit anymore but r/gundeals is a good spot to check on. I still check it about 2-3 times a day out of habit.

Bamarider

Established Member
Feb 1, 2016
Mountolive
I have no problem finding good deals on guns. Don’t buy overpriced. Most people will come down on price. Academy still has good deals larger gun shops like Birmingham pistol wholesale will deal on price.

staticflownut

Established Member
Mar 3, 2021
Birmingham
Thank you all for the replies. I am really just curious to know everybody's thoughts on the topic. I have the firearms that I need for now, but I'm always open to the next opportunity.

I also have the ammo that I need for any situations that may arise on my property, but not enough to go to the range more than once or twice. I wish I had stocked more prior to the shortage. Lesson learned.

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Thank you all for the replies. I am really just curious to know everybody's thoughts on the topic. I have the firearms that I need for now, but I'm always open to the next opportunity.

I also have the ammo that I need for any situations that may arise on my property, but not enough to go to the range more than once or twice. I wish I had stocked more prior to the shortage. Lesson learned.
Hey Static, I am Happy to know that you have the Necessary Firearms by your side and On the Ready for whatever may or may not occur...The main thing is that you are able to Protect Yourself Daily (edc) and your Family and Property with your Weapons System...By All means if you are limited in Ammo and you know that your Firearms are sighted in and shooting as they should then Don't go to the Range just for recreational fun and practice...Focus on getting more ammo for those Weapons that you are depending on and then if you get enough built up that you know that you're in good shape then it'll be okay to spend a day at the Range occasionally...You can do other things while procuring the ammo and other arms on your list..Definitely Keep em all cleaned, oiled, and on the ready...Keep your Ammo Dry(stored properly),Keep em in Safe Zones but within Quick Reach!!! Detail you a Property Plan depending on where you live and how the property lays(Do you have any High Ground?), how close are the neighbors? what are those angles and lanes? Anyway, I could go on and on...No neeed for that right now...Just wanted to give you food for thought and I'm glad you let us know that you had the necessary cache on the ready to protect you and yours...I was actually a little worried for you Brother before you let us know....Stand Strong, God Bless You and Yours Static!!!! ;)

Last edited:

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Hey Static, I should have made it known that if you need help on anything and the answers are not flowing in quick enough through the Thread Don't Hesitate to Hit Me Up through PM or any of the other members of the Community that has reached out to help you...We will be more than glad to try and answer your concerns!!! If we don't know....We can find out!!!! God Bless Brother!!! :rolleyes:

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Also I don't particularly like Reddit anymore but r/gundeals is a good spot to check on. I still check it about 2-3 times a day out of habit.
Hey Dfalt, LOL!!!! That's a big 10-4 on the Reddit comment & I am just now getting to where it is no longer a daily habit on the r/GDs!!! Still make a quick check occassionally but not like I used to...Also Dfalt share more with us about the extension that you mentioned...

Last edited:

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Hey Copperhead...You are stating what you believe...Right? Otherwise you wouldn't have taken the time to Comment...Right? Then Don't Say You are Sorry Brother for Speaking your Mind...Our Founding Fathers and Millions of Patriots have Shed their Blood to Give You that Right!!!! Don't Tread on their Blood By Apologizing...YOU owe NO Apology Brother...Please Speak Your Mind!!! Thank You Copperhead and God Bless!!!

staticflownut

Established Member
Mar 3, 2021
Birmingham
Thank you all for your input. I've enjoyed the discussion. I drove by BPW the other day and it was packed as usual. They must sell a lot of guns.