Browning B80 barrels

gejshooter

Established Member
Feb 4, 2024
Mandeville, LA
I own a Browning B80 that is about 35 years old. It shoots 2 3/4" shells. I just recently found out that, with the right barrel, it can shoot 3" shells. I then found a barrel for 3", but it was not threaded for chokes. Does anyone know if there are 3" threaded barrels available for the B80? Also, the barrel must be able to shoot steel shot. Thanks.

OldScool.22

Established Member
Jan 28, 2022
Mobile Alabama
Your gun was made by Beretta, Basically the same gun as the Beretta 300 through 303 model they all have choked tubes And barrels will interchange with the B80.

gejshooter

Established Member
Feb 4, 2024
Mandeville, LA
Your gun was made by Beretta, Basically the same gun as the Beretta 300 through 303 model they all have choked tubes And barrels will interchange with the B80.
Thanks. I'm aware the gun was made by Beretta. Yesterday I saw a barrel that was full choke only. No threads. My question was is anyone aware of a barrel that will allow 3" shells, with threads for different chokes. And will handle steel shot. Do you know if these are available?

OldScool.22

Established Member
Jan 28, 2022
Mobile Alabama
B80 made after 1985 will have Invector chokes. I think they were discontinued around 1988 or 89. The Beretta guns came standard with choke tubes as early as 1982, Call mobilechoke if I remember right.

OldScool.22

Established Member
Jan 28, 2022
Mobile Alabama
I do not know when or if it changed but the gas port holes On older Beretta barrels are smaller in the 3 inch Models then they are in the 2 3/4 models. I know this from personal experience, I have a Beretta AL2 With a 2 3/4 Receiver. Got a full choke 3" Barrel and it would not function properly until I had the port holes drilled out the right size.

HuntMaster

Established Member
Apr 20, 2022
St Stephens
Sorry for the late answer,
I’m not sure of the year as I inherited it from my dad, but I’m pretty sure he got it in the late 80’s or early 90’s.
I’m working a shutdown right now, when I get a chance, I’ll look at the paperwork, as I have the original box and everything that came with it.