CERT Members?

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Just wanted to see if there's anyone on the board who is a local CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) member.

I've been affiliated with CERT via a local Fire Department for about 7 years now.

I won't bore with details on the CERT program beyond saying it's a good avenue toward being basically-trained to assist yourself and others in an emergency situation (such as weather events, etc.)

If you DO want more info, I'd be happy to post about it, provide links, etc.

Just for a little graphic enhancement, I'll post some pics from a local CERT training exercise from a little while back.

Matt nelson

Established Member
Jan 29, 2016
Me and my wife were in the Etowah County Rescue Squad, not sure if you heard about the 2 rescue boats that flipped at big wills creek, but me and my wife were on the boats that flipped that day, us 2 along with some more of our members were thrown off the boats, one of our members passed away, since then due to poor decisions we felt were made that day that nearly killed everyone of us, we have quit the rescue squad, we still deal with it daily but thanks to god family and friends and all the support we are doing much better, I was going to join CERT but after the incident I fell apart and couldn't bring myself to do it

Last edited:

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
Whoa, I think I DO remember what you're talking about! Glad you two survived - will be praying for you both, sir!

(Edited to add - I just re-read about the incident - wow, man - again, glad for you and your wife and the others that survived. Thank you for the service y'all have provided to the community).

Matt nelson

Established Member
Jan 29, 2016
Thank you very much! If it helps you remember we were trying to find a missing kayaker that went off the low head dam, it was in Gadsden