Chrome lined vs. QPQ nitride barrels

Bazookajor

Established Member
Dec 3, 2021
Dothan
both have pros and cons, if you have the budget chrome-lined is the way to go. however, if you clean your guns regularly enough and don't shoot corrosive ammo without cleaning your rifle should be fine. with a chrome-lined, you won't have to worry about corrosion and can clean at your leisure.

Nate762

Established Member
Dec 4, 2021
Muscle Shoals
Agreed. I have both. Just wanted to see what everyone thinks and work towards the 10 posts to begin trading/selling/buying.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
I don't know how true it is but I've heard chrome lining can negatively affect accuracy, but IMO unless you're a competition precision shooter who's going to be cleaning their rifle after every single range trip I'd say the practicality of the chrome lining more than makes up for any minute accuracy loss.

Bazookajor

Established Member
Dec 3, 2021
Dothan
I don't know how true it is but I've heard chrome lining can negatively affect accuracy, but IMO unless you're a competition precision shooter who's going to be cleaning their rifle after every single range trip I'd say the practicality of the chrome lining more than makes up for any minute accuracy loss.
ive heard the same from AK guys I know. wishing I bought a chromed lined barrel now.