did the yugos ever add different top covers on M48A?

Bazookajor

Established Member
Dec 3, 2021
Dothan
I've got an m48A Mauser that has a different top cover for the barrel at least it's a different stain. the rest of the gun is parts matching and I'm wondering if anyone has ever owned one where they knew if it was original or a replacement? thanks.

Cheekibreeki

Established Member
Mar 21, 2021
Mobile
yeah sorry for the confusion. I have an m48A export model so it has no crest.
The top handgaurd on my M48A it a bit darker compared to the rest of the stock especially near the sight ladder but from a distance it looks pretty much the same. I wouldn't say that it looks like a different stain. Hope this helped a bit!

Bazookajor

Established Member
Dec 3, 2021
Dothan
The top handgaurd on my M48A it a bit darker compared to the rest of the stock especially near the sight ladder but from a distance it looks pretty much the same. I wouldn't say that it looks like a different stain. Hope this helped a bit!
this is mine. 66054415468--EFF762AA-1B47-4385-8CCB-0A8928F1B44A.jpg

Bazookajor

Established Member
Dec 3, 2021
Dothan
Thats not too bad
thanks! might be factory but i have no idea. These particular rifles where meant to be sold by the yugos to third-world countries without the crest. made me think maybe they said screw it and just threw a different color upper.

Cheekibreeki

Established Member
Mar 21, 2021
Mobile
thanks! might be factory but i have no idea. These particular rifles where meant to be sold by the yugos to third-world countries without the crest. made me think maybe they said screw it and just threw a different color upper.
That's probably what happened they had a pile of em and just threw it on there