Favorite ww2 era handgun?

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
From an aesthetics standpoint I've always been partial to the p-38. The Nanbu is also neat just due to how weird it is.

Stumpy

Established Member
Jun 26, 2020
Cropwell, AL
Hi Power by far. So ahead of it's time. The Australian military tested handguns and chose the Glock but the existing HP won the competition even though the military thought they had set it up to favor more modern designs! So they changed the criteria again so the HP would loose!

bashcroft16

Jan 18, 2023
I have a P-38 that my father in law brought back from WWII. It is amazing how well it shoots, and I do agree with Dfalt about aesthetics.

PDren000

Established Member
Oct 17, 2019
Troy/Brundidge
This is almost a joke answer, but one of the first handguns I learned how to shoot was a Nagant M1895 revolver in 7.62x38R. It's a really goofy gun, and nearly impossible to fire in double action because of how much mechanically needs to occur for the gun to fire. The double action pull is something like 20+ pounds. It fires a weird inset cartridge to take advantage of its forward-moving cylinder and takes way longer to reload than even a Colt SAA. But it's really fun to shoot.
1024px-Nagant_Revolver.jpg