How many started checking firearms?

Kowpot1

Established Member
Apr 28, 2021
Dothan, Al
With all that's going on in Israel and the fact our Southern border is wide open. Plus the Demonstrations taking place in the U.S. and around the world. How many of you have been taking inventory of your guns and ammo? Have you taken your guns out and cleaned them to make sure you're ready to go? I know I have been giving them more attention this past week. Never too early to be prepared.

uechikid

Established Member
May 27, 2023
Theodore
Great PSA, thanks. You’re right. With all that’s going on in the world we need to be hyper vigilant about our self defense tools. And now that the company that owns most of the ammo manufacturing in this country (Vista Outdoors) has been sold to a Czech company, Czech Arms Co, and with the Presidential campaign well under way, stocking up on ammo should be foremost on gun owners minds.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
It’s a good point on how often do you check on things and even more importantly how often are you training.

I did add some capabilities to my sedan although not quite as much as I have in my truck.

It’s hard to think it could happen here but it absolutely could happen here.

Last edited:

Old Dog

Premium Member
Sep 23, 2023
Alabama
All secure here.Good reminder though. Stuff happens fast, so besides ammo, need to have fast access to solution. Time it takes to go to safe or unlock box, it's over.Always have solution within arms length, ready to go. Am I paranoid? Maybe, but shot twice on job makes you that way.Be prepared is sound advice not only for Boy Scouts.

Frankly

Established Member
Dec 27, 2023
HSV
Most likely scenario is the government will go door to door collecting good people's guns and ammo BEFORE any widespread violence. They already know of every gun transaction through FFLs, they monitor people online and already have a pretty good idea of what and how many you've got. They know how much money you have and what your resources are. They also have really good metal detectors and know all the crazy hiding places. And you can be darn sure they'll be shutting gun parts suppliers like Brownells down. They'll give the manufacturers and dealers the choice of being driven out of business or only selling to the government authorized, not the citizens.

Anything deemed "prepping" will be equated to terrorism and you won't have any more rights than a naked grease spot in Gitmo. If they dig up a PVC pipe with end caps you're going bye-bye. If you have plates, trauma gear, reload, or know how to work on guns you will be targeted first.

I think the guns to have that will escape confiscation and bans will be regulated sub 12 fpe .22 air rifles and break barrel sporting shotguns (clays) as it is in England. Bows will be limited too. Even then they'll be selectively permitted after background checks and required to be locked up at all times. Ammo will probably have to locked up at a clubhouse and dolled out only enough to do a hunt or round of clays.

The main danger is from the original Middle Eastern terrorists who are the largest donors and lobbyists in Washingtons. This is what they did when they ran Weimar and it's what they're in the process of doing now.

Doesn't matter who owns the gun/ammo companies, they all will be forced to comply or face prison. Got zero issues with foreign stuff when our own American companies roll over and betray us for padded military contracts.

We're only a false flag and a few (million) mail in ballots from this.

Our friends and neighbors employed in law enforcement will reluctantly enforce this because their pensions and careers are on the line. Same for National Guard. This has already happened many times and once they allow a few dramatic false flags to occur, just like 9-11, most people will support them, even in our families. Never underestimate the gullibility of children and women to support the current popular thing. With the correct marketing technique you can convince people to mutilate themselves, believe being a fat pig is healthy, and wait in line to buy brave Miss America's aftershave.

FDR was a scum bucket but still a shrewd politician. People can't overthrow a government they depend on. Here we are.

Last edited:

Frankly

Established Member
Dec 27, 2023
HSV
Sorry for the doom and gloom but I really don't know how you protect your firearms and ammo at this point. They will destroy your safe. They will use ground sensing radar and search the smallest nooks and crannies. Then if you do something extreme, like burying them a mile deep in Antartica how the heck are you supposed to get them when you really need them?

But yeah I fear the authorities 1000x more than any rioters, illegals or terrorists.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Look everyone has a right to their opinions and of course what they believe.

Honestly though for me I don’t have those concerns at all that you laid out. Maybe a little if I lived in Kaliformia or the people’s republic of New Jersey. However we live in the god fearing and gun loving state of Alabama. I just don’t see any scenario during my lifetime where a door to door confiscation would occur in Alabama or honestly most states.

First, well over half the people own firearms here so the task to do a door to door is mind boggling. There isn’t enough police, national guard and full time military members to come anywhere near the capability to execute such an event. Further, if they tried we would have an almost instant civil war and again there are at least a 100 million gun owners to deal with in the US. And think about Afghanistan or any other example where major militaries have tried to subdue populations and deprive them of weapons in the last 50 years. There were AKs in damn near every house in Afghanistan. Plus the mountains of N Alabama in particular, along with the Appalachians in general, would be a nightmare for police type operations as the good ol boys know their way around. A population determined to resist will almost always outlive an invading force.

Again to each their own but I think there are many other things to be more concerned about. For me this one lines up just past the meteor that’s going to hit next week. I do hope it is delayed enough to see Bama take its 19th national championship.

Happy new year

Frankly

Established Member
Dec 27, 2023
HSV
Look everyone has a right to their opinions and of course what they believe.

Honestly though for me I don’t have those concerns at all that you laid out. Maybe a little if I lived in Kaliformia or the people’s republic of New Jersey. However we live in the god fearing and gun loving state of Alabama. I just don’t see any scenario during my lifetime where a door to door confiscation would occur in Alabama or honestly most states.

First, well over half the people own firearms here so the task to do a door to door is mind boggling. There isn’t enough police, national guard and full time military members to come anywhere near the capability to execute such an event. Further, if they tried we would have an almost instant civil war and again there are at least a 100 million gun owners to deal with in the US. And think about Afghanistan or any other example where major militaries have tried to subdue populations and deprive them of weapons in the last 50 years. There were AKs in damn near every house in Afghanistan. Plus the mountains of N Alabama in particular, along with the Appalachians in general, would be a nightmare for police type operations as the good ol boys know their way around. A population determined to resist will almost always outlive an invading force.

Again to each their own but I think there are many other things to be more concerned about. For me this one lines up just past the meteor that’s going to hit next week. I do hope it is delayed enough to see Bama take its 19th national championship.

Happy new year

Hope you're right.

I also doubt widespread door-to-door confiscation is practical. But there's a whole lot of ways to collect, punish and bribe people into giving up their weapons and ammo willingly. The antis want more than just your guns and ammo, they are playing a long game.