I need honest opinions

Stumpy

Established Member
Jun 26, 2020
Cropwell, AL
Ok, I am going to sell my beloved Springfield Armory Ronin Commander after discovering my gimped thumb knuckle rides the beaver tail painfully.
Pistol cost me $750
Parts we're $300
Gunsmithing $280

Pistol has about 75 rounds through it.

What is a fair asking price?

JT300

Smooth Brain in Alabama only local preferred
Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
Depends on what work you had done to it and how quickly you wanna move it. a lot of people wont wanna pay the extra for the parts and gun smithing, I know that is a gun people like tho idk much about them. I'd say 1200

Hpgc

Established Member
May 27, 2019
NE Alabama
On used gun prices, usually I check sold items on auction or other classified sites. A quick search of one of the popular sites shows a few sold at about $725. Otherwise, several are listed $800-925. As JT300 said, also depends how your upgrades are viewed by potential buyers and ask what you have invested.

ALGunGuy

Established Member
Nov 13, 2020
NW Alabama
Agree with feedback from others. Probably $950–$1,100.

Firearm value is somewhat subjective based on many factors. There’s always the X factor where someone has always wanted one just like that (e.g.) I’d pay way over “value” for certain guns due to sentimental or other reasons. I learned a long time ago it’s hard to get your money back on accessories, unfortunately.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
A lot of good points above. Generally it’s hard to recover on the upgrade parts and gun smithing unless it just happens to be a perfect match for what someone else is looking for at that time.

If I was trying to sell it I would probably start at $1000 and make the point about the upgrades at over $1200 of value and see if anyone bites.

Good luck with it

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
Depends on how fast you need to sell it

agree that gunsmithing is a sunk cost you will not recover
You will not recover the price you paid for upgrade parts

unless you wait it out and find a buyer that wants exactly what you did and the exact parts you installed. If you have time wait it out and see if you can find that buyer

I bought a tricked out 1911 with tons of parts and upgrades for about half of the price the original owner paid for everything combined. He couldn't find a buyer...

Stumpy

Established Member
Jun 26, 2020
Cropwell, AL
I couldn't bring myself to sell her! I did some research and ordered me a Colt Commander GI SPEC "short tang" grip safety. My hope is that since it doesn't sweep up and isn't near as wide as a beavertail, it won't rub my thumb so bad.