I reckon I purchase firearms in waves.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Yeah I know how you feel. I bought multiple firearms in the same day and then nothing for months. I guess the stars just have to align.

Bypass

Back in Black
Staff member
Army
Sep 12, 2018
Owens Cross Roads Alabama
Yeah I know how you feel. I bought multiple firearms in the same day and then nothing for months. I guess the stars just have to align.
It's either that itch or money burning a hole in my pocket. But the great thing about firearms is they hold their value. Some folks buy gold and silver and I buy steel and lead.

Bypass

Back in Black
Staff member
Army
Sep 12, 2018
I also found out today that the FFL has to send your information to the BATFE and the local sheriffs department if you buy more than one handgun in a day. Not cool.

Dinkydau

Nam Knight MC
Dec 1, 2022
Ellijay, ga
I picked up a sweet 1917 Colt 1911 US Property and had a custom made case made...I used Japanese cedar, lined with Crushed blue Velvet..I had it made with a CNC machine including an original box of 45 period correct..I wanted my son to have something special when I'm gone..
Son 2.jpg Son box.jpg Son 1.jpg

Bypass

Back in Black
Staff member
Army
Sep 12, 2018
I picked up a sweet 1917 Colt 1911 US Property and had a custom made case made...I used Japanese cedar, lined with Crushed blue Velvet..I had it made with a CNC machine including an original box of 45 period correct..I wanted my son to have something special when I'm gone..
View attachment 7944 View attachment 7943
That's beautiful Sir!!! And a hell of a gift for your Son. But I prefer and I'm sure he prefers to have you around for a long time instead.

GOD bless and watch over you my friend.

bamabum

Staff member
Oct 19, 2020
Wedowee
I also found out today that the FFL has to send your information to the BATFE and the local sheriffs department if you buy more than one handgun in a day. Not cool.
Actually, it applies to two or more handguns within five consecutive business days....

Sales of Handguns

Licensees must report the sale of two or more handguns if they occur at the same time or within five consecutive business days of each other.

Bypass

Back in Black
Staff member
Army
Sep 12, 2018
Actually, it applies to two or more handguns within five consecutive business days....

Sales of Handguns

Licensees must report the sale of two or more handguns if they occur at the same time or within five consecutive business days of each other.
Good information and good to know.

bamabum

Staff member
Oct 19, 2020
Wedowee
Good information and good to know.
Yes, as well as the new "delay/deny" notification. If you are now "delayed", as all of my NICS checks have been lately, the FFL must provide your home address to the FBI to complete the 4473 transfer, even if you are then given the go-ahead after the initial delay.

If you are "denied", written notification is required within 24 hours.

The NICS Denial Notification Act of 2022 requires the FBI’s NICS Section to notify state, local, or tribal law enforcement of all FBI NICS denied transactions within 24 hours. The FBI must provide notification to law enforcement based upon the location of the FFL and if different, the purchaser’s address. To support the determination of what local agency should receive the notification, FFLs will be required to provide the buyer’s complete address to NICS as recorded on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Form 4473 when the transactions are DENIED or DELAYED. The address information will be required before the status can be provided or retrieved either by the NICS corrected call center or via the NICS E-check.

PDren000

Established Member
Oct 17, 2019
Troy/Brundidge
I get guns pretty much exclusively by trading. Partly because of those goofy new laws about NICS delays and partly because I'm on a budget and trading means less cash leaving my wallet. I try to classify my stuff as "practical," "sentimental," or "fun." "Practical" is home defense, CCW, or hunting stuff and I won't trade that unless it's for something that fills a similar role. I don't trade the sentimental. I'll trade the fun guns at the drop of a hat if something else comes along that looks more fun.