Milsurp collectors?

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
I similarly have an interest in US milsurp. Own a few including Garands, M1 carbines, a 1903 and a couple 1911s from around WW1 and 2 eras. I’m particularly fond of the M1 carbine and even used one to introduce my son to shooting after he graduated from a 22 many years ago.

Cheekibreeki

Established Member
Mar 21, 2021
Mobile
I similarly have an interest in US milsurp. Own a few including Garands, M1 carbines, a 1903 and a couple 1911s from around WW1 and 2 eras. I’m particularly fond of the M1 carbine and even used one to introduce my son to shooting after he graduated from a 22 many years ago.
The m1 carbine is on of my favorite shooters. I only wish .30 carbine was more affordable.

LSmith

Established Member
Mar 2, 2023
Red Bay
They all interest me from every country. 30 carbine has eluded me so far, I’ve never even fired one.
The old range I shot at had a carbine match every year but they allowed SKS and AK if we didn’t have a carbine.

Blake Leigeber

Established Member
Jan 29, 2016
Cullman, Alabama
Milsurps are what got me into firearms to begin with! I still keep a decent stock of the ones I love, but I have a few more like a garand, a nagant revolver, and a m1 carbine to aquire still. Definitely have a trip to the cmp in my future soon, unless I find someone with a garand they want to part with before I get there.

LSmith

Established Member
Mar 2, 2023
Red Bay
I’ve had good luck ordering from CMP and also picked up a nice Danish return at the range store about 6 months ago. CMP is also supposed to start selling surplus ammo again soon!

Cheekibreeki

Established Member
Mar 21, 2021
Mobile
I’ve had good luck ordering from CMP and also picked up a nice Danish return at the range store about 6 months ago. CMP is also supposed to start selling surplus ammo again soon!
I'm excited for the ammo but I bet it will run out before I can get some.

countyman

Established Member
Jan 29, 2016
Pinson
I too have interest in U.S. milsurps. Have been collecting some since about 2009.
Started a collection of U.S. 1917 rifles and bayonets. They have an interesting history, at least, to me they do. 1917s' have really gained collector interest in the last 10 years.

LSmith

Established Member
Mar 2, 2023
Red Bay
I too have interest in U.S. milsurps. Have been collecting some since about 2009.
Started a collection of U.S. 1917 rifles and bayonets. They have an interesting history, at least, to me they do. 1917s' have really gained collector interest in the last 10 years.
I’ve noticed the interest in the M1917 as well. I just sold one a few months ago because the stock had been sanded. I may get another one sometime.

GotrektheSlayer

Established Member
I'm a real sucker for mil-surps.

So far I managed to collect Model 1875 trapdoor, M-1903 Mark I, Eddystone M-1917, M-1 Garand (SA) Savage US Property marked Enfield No.4, Mauser 98k (1944), Mosin-Nagant M-1944 carbine (1945), and Carcano carbine.

Derrickd95

Established Member
Oct 7, 2023
Athens
Milsurps was my gateway into shooting. Tokarev pistols, Swiss k31, mosin nagant and many others. Great value for what they are. Seems most people overlook them.