Mosin Nagants

mcdavis85

Established Member
Aug 8, 2022
Woodville
I was scrolling through something and saw where stores are asking $400-$500 for regular round receiver Mosins. Is that real? It seems like a couple years ago, $150 was the high normal range. Just makes me think of what my hex receiver might be worth vs what I paid.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Yep it's real unfortunately. The supply of cheap combloc surplus got cut off (thanks Obama/Biden) and now prices have skyrocketed on what's left.

PDren000

Established Member
Oct 17, 2019
Troy/Brundidge
Yeah, I got one as a gift back when I was in high school that my grandfather bought for $80. Now if I go on Gunbroker, they're selling for $450. I think a really large chunk of it the supply being cut off from import, but also the supply just running lower naturally after the market was flooded after the reds collapsed. US buyers just snatched them all up. I'm glad I have one, though, it's a fun rifle to shoot even if it's not super practical.

The Mann

Established Member
Jan 19, 2022
Birmingham
I remember just a few years ago $150-$200 was top of the market for these rifles. Also spam cans was a dime a dozen at cheap prices. I saw the other day not anymore.

Backstraps

Established Member
Apr 6, 2023
Monroe Co.
I miss the old linked 7.62x54R. I wish I bought a dozen cases back in the day. I’ve since sold all my M-N rifles though. Made a pretty good return on them!