Need new CC 9mm pistol

gejshooter

Established Member
Feb 4, 2024
Mandeville, LA
I am in the market for a CC 9mm. I'm looking for recommendations. I prefer dual stack for a minimum of 10 round capacity. I like something small, that can fit in my pocket in a pinch. I prefer striker fired. Thanks.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
The Sig P365 and the Springfield Hellcat were both made to be exactly what you're looking for. For pocket carry Talon Holsters makes a "wallet holster" with a large piece of square leather on the back that gives the holster the profile in your pocket of either a wallet or a large phone; 99.9% of people wouldn't know the difference if they noticed it at all.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
I have a GX4 TORO

What do you want to know?

Trigger is decent (especially for the cost, but it is good at any cost)
Accuracy at 7 yards and 12 yards is great, but definitely groups better with some brands of ammo
I have the 13 round mags, they work well

I never mounted a red dot on it, just wanted the option to. I am still a little worried about a red dot or doing any sort of modification on a gun I use for defense.

The Taurus OEM mags for this model are made by Mec-Gar and are good quality.

I have owned mine about 1.5 years now, my serial number was not included in the recall (recall was for guns that might fire when dropped)

Silver1761

Feb 21, 2024
Fayette
Most micro 9mm carry options out there have there pros and cons, but getting your hands on one and holding it, if not shooting it, would serve you well. Since we are all different and our hands vary in size, deciding what's too small and what is acceptable to you is important when deciding on your concealled carry selection.
I, personally, carry a Sig 365XL over a 365 because it was just too small to me, and I don't even have large hands.
You may want to consider those, as well as G43X with Shield Arms S15 Magazine or Smith & Wesson Shield Plus.

Hard to go wrong with any of those proven brands and models.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

gejshooter

Established Member
Feb 4, 2024
Mandeville, LA
Most micro 9mm carry options out there have there pros and cons, but getting your hands on one and holding it, if not shooting it, would serve you well. Since we are all different and our hands vary in size, deciding what's too small and what is acceptable to you is important when deciding on your concealled carry selection.
I, personally, carry a Sig 365XL over a 365 because it was just too small to me, and I don't even have large hands.
You may want to consider those, as well as G43X with Shield Arms S15 Magazine or Smith & Wesson Shield Plus.

Hard to go wrong with any of those proven brands and models.

Thanks.

gejshooter

Established Member
Feb 4, 2024
Mandeville, LA
I visited my LGS today (Academy), and looked at several pistols. I have narrowed my choices.
Out - S&W M&P Shield Plus - Too large for me, and did not like the safety. It was hard to reach and toggle.
Out - Ruger EC9 - Capacity too low - grip too thin.
Out - Glock 43X - Too large compared to other micro 9s - Aftermarket magazine required for double stack capacity - The grip feels cheap and flimsy.
Out - Sig P365 - Just did not like it as much as the remaining.
In - Springfield Hellcat - great feel - like the sights - Good capacity - Springfield reliability
In - Taurus GX4 - great feel - good capacity - great price
Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
Any thoughts on the Canik MC9? Academy did not have this gun.

scooter

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2022
Lamar County
I don't know if you carry out of state or not, there are several states that have a 10-round mag limit, this is why I carry a G26, I primarily carry it with the optional factory 12 round mags, but when I travel out of state, I use the factory 10 rounders, this way I do not have to have several carry guns, I can be proficient with one. just a different view for consideration.

gejshooter

Established Member
Feb 4, 2024
Mandeville, LA
I don't know if you carry out of state or not, there are several states that have a 10-round mag limit, this is why I carry a G26, I primarily carry it with the optional factory 12 round mags, but when I travel out of state, I use the factory 10 rounders, this way I do not have to have several carry guns, I can be proficient with one. just a different view for consideration.
Very thoughtful. Thanks.

gejshooter

Established Member
Feb 4, 2024
Mandeville, LA
Good morning. Thanks for the replies. Any thoughts on the Ruger LCP Max for a pocket pistol? And then maybe a larger frame pistol that stays in the car?

Crawley

Established Member
Jan 30, 2016
You might want to check out the H&K VP9SK. Not quite as small as some of the others mentioned, but a good gun. Striker fired, paddle release, great trigger (IMO), and accurate.

Stumpy

Established Member
Jun 26, 2020
Cropwell, AL
Single stack Shield 9mm. Small and thin enough for pocket carry in the summer with the seven round mag inserted. You can buy eight round mags and get plus two base plates to let you carry 10 each in your pocket or on your belt. When I carry it in my pocket I have a 7 round factory mag with the mag guts plus one base plate that only adds a quarter of inch length to it. So I got nine rounds and a true pocketable 9 mm.

Nyx

Feb 27, 2024
Athens, AL
I visited my LGS today (Academy), and looked at several pistols. I have narrowed my choices.
Out - S&W M&P Shield Plus - Too large for me, and did not like the safety. It was hard to reach and toggle.
Out - Ruger EC9 - Capacity too low - grip too thin.
Out - Glock 43X - Too large compared to other micro 9s - Aftermarket magazine required for double stack capacity - The grip feels cheap and flimsy.
Out - Sig P365 - Just did not like it as much as the remaining.
In - Springfield Hellcat - great feel - like the sights - Good capacity - Springfield reliability
In - Taurus GX4 - great feel - good capacity - great price
Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
Any thoughts on the Canik MC9? Academy did not have this gun.
If you're still looking for more info on the Canik mc9 I'd check out the Canik subreddit r/canik. Lots of good info about the whole Canik line up.

PDren000

Established Member
Oct 17, 2019
Troy/Brundidge
You may want to consider the S&W CSX, too. It's a similar size to the Shield Plus but the dimensions may be different enough that you would find it comfortable.

Silver1761

Feb 21, 2024
Fayette
Looks like you are doing your due diligence and will end up with a handgun that suits your needs. Keep us posted and let us know what you end up getting.