New resident in DeKalb County, new to the state and this Forum

bamabum

Staff member
Oct 19, 2020
Wedowee
Welcome @MDHunter55 - my wife and I were up in your neck of the woods this past Saturday. Drove all around Dekalb County and Fort Payne, window shopping for potential real estate. Ending up eating some decent BarBQue at Sally's Smokin' Butt, which is a real "rustic" experience.

From there, we then drove the Little River Canyon ridge road, watching kayakers in the rapids. It was 38 degrees outside and, yes, they were bobbing in and out of the rapids!

As we headed back down south, stopped in Piedmont at the Dugger Mountain Guns, Coffee, and Fudge shop. My wife got a coffee and fudge while I browsed a decent selection of firearms. I didn't meet the owners but did meet the father/father-in-law. His daughter normally runs the coffee/fudge shop and son-in-law runs the gun shop. It was a very welcoming environment, offering a little something for everyone. That would be about an hour south of Ft. Payne. If you are out and about and head south a few miles, it might be worth stopping in.

Again, welcome!!

tfbama

Established Member
Nov 22, 2021
Shoals
Finally moved in, now need to get active in the firearms/hunting community. Interests are trap, sporting clays, and deer hunting; both gun and archery. Need to find out what is available in reasonable distance from Fort Payne.
Welcome!