Psa dagger vs glock

cs229

Established Member
Oct 8, 2023
North Alabama
Wanting a new carry handgun and am wanting to go with striker fired. I'm trying to decide between a glock that I'll have to upgrade or a PSA dagger that already has those things done.... thoughts/opinions on difference in quality?

Plainsman

Established Member
Oct 24, 2023
Calhoun County
I admit that I prefer Glocks if for no other reason- Glock's proven reliability. If price is more for the Glock, it's worth it. If price is more for the Dagger, I'd say it would be a definite no for the dagger. Glock headquarters is pretty close if you need or want upgrades.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
A dagger is essentially a Glock 19 clone

I like Glocks, my oldest Glock is a gen 2 Glock 17 that is about 32 years old, has 100's of thousands of rounds through it and has never let me down. I have replaced springs and internal parts on schedule.

I also have a PSA Dagger, it is about a year old and has maybe 500-600 rounds through it. It has also never let me down. It goes boom every time the trigger is pulled, and it is equally as accurate as any of my real Glocks. I like shooting it.

I will tell you I was worried about the dagger, I bought Glock OEM parts kits from Midway as I had planned to replace all the internals with real Glock OEM parts, I did NOT replace parts, I am now not planning on replacing any parts. The PSA Dagger parts seem to work perfectly fine

The question of longevity is real. I have no idea if the dagger and the psa internal parts are going to hold up as well as real Glock and Glock OEM parts do. The good news is, those parts can be replaced with Glock OEM parts anytime you want ;)

The PSA Barrel and slide are excellent. The barrel is stainless, but I feel it has some coating on it and it is really easy to clean.

You can never go wrong buying a real Glock. The only reason to go clone is to save money.

(I have a 10-12 year old PSA AR15, it also works great and never had a problem with it, those parts have held up well)

DB35114

Established Member
Oct 3, 2021
Alabaster
I have several glocks like them carry one. I bought a dagger compact lower to go with a upper i had only thing I did was change out the trigger and add a 3.5lb ghost connector. Really like the dagger ,side note the dagger trigger pins are roll pins not push pins you will have to use a punch and hammer to take it apart. Not as quick as Glock ,but for the price it is worth it,PSA has complete slides on sale most of the time around $159-$199 and lowers for $49.99 you can mix and match what set up you like

cs229

Established Member
Oct 8, 2023
North Alabama
A dagger is essentially a Glock 19 clone

I like Glocks, my oldest Glock is a gen 2 Glock 17 that is about 32 years old, has 100's of thousands of rounds through it and has never let me down. I have replaced springs and internal parts on schedule.

I also have a PSA Dagger, it is about a year old and has maybe 500-600 rounds through it. It has also never let me down. It goes boom every time the trigger is pulled, and it is equally as accurate as any of my real Glocks. I like shooting it.

I will tell you I was worried about the dagger, I bought Glock OEM parts kits from Midway as I had planned to replace all the internals with real Glock OEM parts, I did NOT replace parts, I am now not planning on replacing any parts. The PSA Dagger parts seem to work perfectly fine

The question of longevity is real. I have no idea if the dagger and the psa internal parts are going to hold up as well as real Glock and Glock OEM parts do. The good news is, those parts can be replaced with Glock OEM parts anytime you want ;)

The PSA Barrel and slide are excellent. The barrel is stainless, but I feel it has some coating on it and it is really easy to clean.

You can never go wrong buying a real Glock. The only reason to go clone is to save money.

(I have a 10-12 year old PSA AR15, it also works great and never had a problem with it, those parts have held up well)
Big reason I'm wanting dagger over glock is because you can get the cut slide, threaded barrel, etc all for less than a factory stock glock.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham

LatterVersion

Established Member
Dec 14, 2021
Huntsville
I would say that a modified Glock will be in the same boat as a PSA, so get the PSA. If you are looking for a reliable carry type gun, then get a factory MOS and it will be more reliable and more durable. Like everything, there are good aftermarket slides out there, or you can get your slide milled, but when you start digging into a factory gun and changing stuff out it can reduce the reliability. I have factory glocks with thousands of rounds that shoot the same as when they were new, I have modified glocks that are finally kinda reliable, but have some rough patches, and I have a couple PSA daggers that are decent practice guns, but have had a failure here and there for unknown reasons. I shoot them all regularly and they all have their place. For range plinking and practice it is really hard to beat the PSA especially when you can get it and 1000 rounds cheaper than a factory MOS.

PSA pros: more ergonomic, much cheaper, supposedly a good warranty but I haven't needed to use it yet..
PSA cons: feels cheap and rattles in hand, slightly less accurate, worse and less predictable trigger.

Glock pros: if factory more reliable, okayish trigger by comparison,
Glock cons: much more expensive, lacks standard features.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
few more thoughts

Do you need an optic mount?
Was your heart set on a glock or glock pattern gun?

If you need the optic mount and want to save some money while still getting a great gun, take a look at the CZ P10 C at $389

The trigger on these is great, and it is every bit as reliable as a glock.

If you do not need/want optics, there are occasional used police trade in type deals that can be found on steel sight only glock 19s
$359 (read the fine print)

whiskerz

Established Member
Sep 13, 2022
Geneva
Why will you have to upgrade the Glock ? Other than better sights and spare mags not much it needs. The other money you spend would be better spent on a pistol class.

cs229

Established Member
Oct 8, 2023
North Alabama
Why will you have to upgrade the Glock ? Other than better sights and spare mags not much it needs. The other money you spend would be better spent on a pistol class.
I've already been through civilian pistol classes and was an MP in the Marine Corps and have gone through basic and advanced pistol courses. The upgrades that I would do are getting the slide cut, better sights, and threaded barrel. Things that the PSA Dagger already come with.

Sam O

Established Member
Feb 3, 2016
Eva, AL
You can also go with a Shadow Systems pistol. I know they are usually a higher end Glock clone, but they have their Foundation series, which I think is closer to a factory Glock price. I think all their pistols come with a universal optic cut, which lets you use longer screws than if you have a Glock slide cut. When getting a Glock slide cut you’ll have to use a shorter screw on one side of the optic. Shadow Systems fixes that problem. They also have interchangeable back straps, that slide into place, nothing like how Glock does theirs.

Bamarider

Established Member
Feb 1, 2016
Mountolive
I’m very much a Glock fan owning around 12-15 of them. I picked up a Dagger compact (19 clone) about a year ago and have run close to 2k rds through it with no problems. (I do use stock Glock mags) I picked up a micro dagger (43x clone) Feb.13 and went to range and run 500 rds through it with no problems no matter what ammo I used. I do use psa stock 15 rd mags that came with it. The dagger compact is a great range gun or throw it truck/boat gun. The micro dagger to me is better than the 43x in every way. Feels better in the hand shoots flatter comes with 15rd mags cost half as much as the 43x. I wouldn’t hesitate to edc either one of them.

descal

Dec 7, 2023
Phenix City
Depends on your budget. If you have the funds id say go for the glock as it will last you a lifetime depending on how much you shoot. Parts will wear and you might need to replace them but they are some of the most reliable handguns in the world. If you're tight on money but want something similar then id go for a psa. Worst case scenario you're out 300-400 dollars instead of 600-700 with a mos glock if you decide you don't like it.