small revolver

26Troadster

Sep 5, 2024
Jasper alabama
Looking at small revolvers for the wife. She carries a ruger lcp2 380 but her hands have gotten so bad she can barely slid it. Was looking at charter arms #53821 & #53811 then I saw they were aluminum framed. Anybody have any thoughts on them? I want a stainless steel doa hammer small revolver she can pocket. Been looking at 38's but a 9mm is not out of the question.

kwb377

Established Member
Dec 16, 2019
North JeffCo
Check out the Ruger LCR...the frame is polymer, but the cylinder is stainless steel. I've had a couple of them (.38 and. 357), only reason for getting rid of them is they didn't really fit my mode of carry. But if I were getting something for my wife it would most likely be an LCR...light, smooth DA pull, rounded edges/corners, and decent front sight (I put a fiber optic front sight on mine)

Ed Jennings

Established Member
Jul 6, 2020
Pleasant Grove AL
S&W 642 is pretty much the go to for a small DAO revolver. For me, the factory grips are a bit too small, but the Pachmyar fit well. I load plus P, but your wife might be better served with standard pressure or even target wad cutter loads. Whatever it takes to be able to reliably put some holes in your attacker.

Ricochet

Established Member
Jan 20, 2024
Auburn
Looking at small revolvers for the wife. She carries a ruger lcp2 380 but her hands have gotten so bad she can barely slid it. Was looking at charter arms #53821 & #53811 then I saw they were aluminum framed. Anybody have any thoughts on them? I want a stainless steel doa hammer small revolver she can pocket. Been looking at 38's but a 9mm is not out of the question.
I suggest looking into the HK P2000SK and P2000 as an alternative to a revolver.
The DA trigger is 11.50lbs, like a revolver and it has a rear decocker.
You can get one, tax free, right now, with reasonable shipping here:Screenshot_20240911-032927_Chrome.jpg

Wooddux1

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2021
Hueytown
I swap up, have a sig equinox 938, and a smith airweight 22 mag revolver. Wife has a 637 with a hammer, and decided she would choose between my scandium frame 38 and the 637...one shot and she went with the 637

Mike C.

Established Member
May 1, 2023
Huntsville, AL
You don't want a 9mm revolver. Dealing with moon clips is a PITA. Look at the S&W 442/642 airweights.
Unless you get the Charter Arms 9mm revolver, which doesn't use them.

That said, while Charter is my go-to cheap 38 snubbie, I don't have a lot of rounds through them (hundreds, not thousands) partially because the recoil of defensive 38 through a light package is unpleasant to me. (Also because of the price of 38 vs 9mm).

OP, you could also look into the S&W EZ semiauto. I don't like their grip safety, but she might like it.

New Sales

Members online