Smoky Mountain Guns & Ammo

daveinalabama

Established Member
Air Force
May 17, 2021
Huntsville, AL
Has anyone bought from Smoky Mountain Guns & Ammo? I'm interested in the S&W Shield Plus and they have it for $419.99 and free shipping. I know I'd have to pay to ship to an FFL, but I can do that for less than $20. Cabela's also has it for $449 + range bag, glasses, and muffs which may be the best deal. I really liked my Shield 1.0 and I'm itching to get the Plus. Let me know if you've used Smoky Mountain.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Never purchased from them but have you priced academy? I know a few weeks ago or a month ago they had the shield plus on sale.

I love mine!

bamabum

Staff member
Oct 19, 2020
Wedowee
I have purchased several higher end items from Smoky Mountain Guns and Ammo (including a Daniel Defense DD5V2 and a Sig P226 MK25 w/Romeo 1) and they are good to go. They often sell quality items at great prices but, unfortunately, usually only have a few in inventory as it seems they also specialize in manufacturers' closeout items.

jmack411

Established Member
Sep 19, 2021
Tanjus1911
Has anyone bought from Smoky Mountain Guns & Ammo? I'm interested in the S&W Shield Plus and they have it for $419.99 and free shipping. I know I'd have to pay to ship to an FFL, but I can do that for less than $20. Cabela's also has it for $449 + range bag, glasses, and muffs which may be the best deal. I really liked my Shield 1.0 and I'm itching to get the Plus. Let me know if you've used Smoky Mountain.
SMGA is a great online store. Have bought several guns and optics from them. Always been quick to ship and great communication.

Battelhawk on the other hand started out good but have declined in service. Purchased an item online and they shipped the incorrect item. I returned the item and had to request refund 3 times.

Frank Thompson

Veteran Army & Air Force
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2017
Auburn, Al
Thanks for the info ,( even though I just read it , Later)on SMGA & Battlehawk...,..as in the last 2 weeks I have considered buying from each !!
Good to know Info! 2 Thumbs Up !

JT300

Smooth Brain in Alabama only local preferred
Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
SMGA made a mistake on my FFL info and just didn't ship, they admitted they messed up and they shipped it out that day, would buy again.