Taurus pt111 g2 ?

Matt nelson

Established Member
Jan 29, 2016
Really like these little guns alot, thinking about buying another one tomorrow since I sold my last one like something crazy, what are y'all opinions on these pt111 g2's?

Matt nelson

Established Member
Jan 29, 2016
I've looked at those, also looked at the pt840 really like them alot just love the way the pt111 fits my hand, it just feels right

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
The Grip is great I love it more then glock grip. I read that the gun does not like alum ammo but Ill find that out today. Love my gun.

RandyP

Established Member
Jan 30, 2016
I love my G2. I have not had ANY problems with mine. My buddy bought a 709 slim last week. He had 2 FTE in the first 2 magazines with some winchester ammo, switched to Remington and no more problems

Dan Griffin

Established Member
Feb 3, 2016
McCalla
I've owned a pt140 G2, two pt111 G2s, and currently carry a pt145 pro. Basically an off brand Beretta the eats and ammo I dump through it. Great way to carry a reliable, rugged, accurate pistol without risking your $800 Sig landing in an evidence locker after a defensive shooting.

Mathews2

Established Member
Feb 1, 2016
Chelsea
I love my G2. I have not had ANY problems with mine. My buddy bought a 709 slim last week. He had 2 FTE in the first 2 magazines with some winchester ammo, switched to Remington and no more problems
Glock 42. Winchester Ammo= 2-4 FTE per clip. Switched to basically any other ammo, no more problems.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I have an update, have shot a few hundred rounds of ammo now through my g2, Usings any brand not really any problems, shot alum fine and didnt have any problems, Was Using Federal Alum from walmart shot like a champ.

Had 1 FTE with Winchester whitebox 115g, but in the defense of the gun, while I was rapid firing (playing around) I think I let my wrist drop and went limp on it. so 1 FTE out of 100 rounds of the white box is not bad at all. I carry this gun everywhere I go.

I was thinking of trading it for a glock 19, but I have decided I would keep it and say screw the glock. The reason I purchases the g2 was the external safety, and the small size for conceal carry. The gun is great and I do not have to worry about it firing, Its easy to take down since it set like a glock and after I find the perfect iwb holster for it I will be set, I am using a foam padded one when I cant CC like at work and it has to stay in the car, I use a leather one for CCing right now but would like to fine something alittle better because it works but it is not great for sitting in a car but that could be me. Either way I love this little gun.

bamaredwingsfan

Established Member
Mar 6, 2016
Cullman, Alabama
Bought one of these little jewels a few months ago, it's a great shooting gun.

c6bfa34e47ec40080a27f0eb49778704.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bamaredwingsfan

Established Member
Mar 6, 2016
Cullman, Alabama
Love my g2, Where did you get the case from?
I bought that case about 15 years ago. I used to have a Llama 9mm, but it got stolen by a sorry ass roommate. I can't prove it, but I'm almost sure he did. I kept the gun in that case and hid it in the bottom of a night stand. Well, I go to move out and the case was empty! I had bought the gun used an never registered it so I was glad it didn't have my name on it floating around on the street. It was a good shooting gun for no more than I paid for it.
cf57043d1142d1d84dfcbad977490fac.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

abailey362

Established Member
Mar 31, 2016
North Madison County
i bought a couple of the pt111 g2s to have as tackle box guns, but sold them a month or so ago. never shot them, but they didn't feel bad. i'm not a fan of external safetys, so that was a neg for me, but a lot of ppl feel more comfortable with them.

for the money, it's 10x the gun as a highpoint for not a whole lot more (when you find them on sale)