What do y'all prefer as a daily carry gun

three percent

Established Member
Oct 7, 2022
Right behind you
You really don't want a safety on a carry gun unless it's single action only like 1911.comment regarding post above
Also how many of y'all are carrying those full size 1911's all day everyday on yourself? I bet y'all don't.not trying to stir pot or yank y'all's chains just tells who actually carries a gun on them all day everyday .y'all carry them on you they useless in your truck.get yourselves something in 3"in barrel range you'll actually use and carry .more of us armed the better but your gonna leave that 5 in barrel somewhere useless most times unless it's a woods gun.some gun is better than no gun no matter how small

Pick something you'll actually carry on yourself or it's useless

rkflorey

Established Member
Jul 28, 2023
AL
G43x cut for Holosun red dot and Shield mags in kydex strong side owb, spare mag and flashlight in kydex .115 gr Hornady critical Duty rounds I out.

rybern

Established Member
Aug 31, 2023
Albertville, Alabama
I swap between a Glock 43 and a 43x. I have also shot both of these multiple times in USPSA and IDPA. My appreciation for the G43 was recently rekindled when I realized that GAP Enterprises makes a mag base(see pic below) for the 6 round mags that makes gripping the gun substantially more secure. I carry AIWB and have used the Shield Arms with the +5 for shooting matches but don't trust them for carry.... even though they have been 100% reliable for 2000 rounds.

Pardon the rust on the G43, It has been remedied. I carry it a good bit.

20230904_064203.jpg

Last edited:

PDren000

Established Member
Oct 17, 2019
Troy/Brundidge
I’ve been running a Glock 26 for years. I’m thinking about swapping it out for something thinner and/or hammer fired with a rail. That said, it’s an amazing overall carry gun and it takes all the standard Glock double-stack 9mm magazines. I just wish they’d put a light rail on it. My other carry gun is a Colt Government Model. I can conceal it pretty easily appendix under a buttonup or even a loose t-shirt, but it doesn’t disappear quite as easily as a subcompact. I carry that one when I can get away with a full-sized gun, which is about half the time.

rybern

Established Member
Aug 31, 2023
Albertville, Alabama
I’ve been running a Glock 26 for years. I’m thinking about swapping it out for something thinner and/or hammer fired with a rail. That said, it’s an amazing overall carry gun and it takes all the standard Glock double-stack 9mm magazines. I just wish they’d put a light rail on it. My other carry gun is a Colt Government Model. I can conceal it pretty easily appendix under a buttonup or even a loose t-shirt, but it doesn’t disappear quite as easily as a subcompact. I carry that one when I can get away with a full-sized gun, which is about half the time.
Put a 43x MOS in your hand next time your in the gun store. The MOS has a rail, 10 round mags and considerably thinner than the G26. For what it's worth, I've had my G26 for over many years too. ;) The G43x is one of my favorite Glocks.

bmarsh07

Established Member
May 28, 2020
Alexandria
Currently swapping between a Stealth Arms Platypus or an Alpha Foxtrot 1911-S15 n a Vertx Unity Clutch belt.
(I like bastardized 1911s)

Shootist00

Established Member
Aug 31, 2023
What I would prefer to carry is my Kimber Ultra Carry 2 with 2 extra mags and I do sometimes carry it. But that is not what I have carried every day for the last 22 plus years.
That would be a Keltec P32 in a Stellar Rigs pocket holster in my right hand back pocket of every pair of pants I wear. The only time I don't have it on me is if I have to go into someplace that has a metal detector and prohibits the carrying of a firearm. No metal detector I carry no ifs ands or buts.
Better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.
Luckily I have not needed it yet. Hopefully I never will. But you never know.
Be prepared!

Oldort58

Established Member
Sep 19, 2023
Decatur
Just wondering what everyone carries in their daily carry gun, I carry a mag full of Winchester 115gr jacked hollow points, also carry a second mag full of federal 115gr full metal jacket, I like to shoot and carry brass cased ammo what do y'all prefer?
I carry a Glock 27 with a G23 mag for back up. Love the versatility of that little gun.

DumpsterDog

Established Member
Aug 2, 2022
Birmingham, AL
Glock 45 w/ Holosun 508T and TLR-1 AIWB in a Tier 1 Concealed Axis Elite. Flush Fit 17Rds of Federal 124Gr HST and a 23Rd 124Gr FMJ.

Or somedays a S&W 642 Ladysmith 125gr +Ps lol

PDren000

Established Member
Oct 17, 2019
Troy/Brundidge
Update: I've been carrying a Colt Government model more and more frequently over the last few weeks. Appendix carry IWB, JM Custom Kydex Wing Claw 2.5 + DCC tuckable clips and the Extra Truck lump molded in. It's surprisingly comfortable and concealable. I did have to play around a little bit with the exact positioning on my beltline, but once I got that dialed in, it was good to go. I generally carry with a polymer core belt. It's an old NRA branded belt I got for free years ago and it carries the weight well to the point that I don't really notice the extra couple pounds. With that particular setup, it disappears under my shirts and prints even less under a suit or vest. Is it as concealable as a subcompact or micro compact? No. Is it concealable enough to carry comfortably under most of my clothes? Yes.