While on an adventure Deep in the Amazon Rain forest.

OldScool.22

Established Member
Jan 28, 2022
Mobile Alabama
In my 20 year pursuit of a 16 gauge Winchester model 12 with a ventilated rib Sometime it felt as if I was lost in a jungle, The Cost just simply too high to continue my pursuit. But just the other day when I was fighting through the jungle maze known as gunbroker, Suddenly I came to a clearing I was all alone and before me like some mayan ruin was the gun of my dreams. Maybe it was because I was so deep in the jungle few ventured there are possibly just the late hour, Maybe the mayan gods looked into my heart and saw that I was worthy. For whatever reason I was able to lay claim to my prize with very little financial pain. The moral of my story is don't give up on your dream gun, You just have to be in the right place at the right time.

Screenshot_20240301-011956_Gallery.jpg 20240229_151807.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
I’ve read about those versions. Is this one from the Winchester factory that way or a Simmons update?

OldScool.22

Established Member
Jan 28, 2022
Mobile Alabama
Sorry for the delayed answer life gets in the way sometimes.... My 16 gauge is a Simon's gun. Actually Simmons was the one that patented the donut post Rib..... Winchester manufactured And installed the donut post ribs on their guns under license from Simmons. The quickest way to tell if a vent rib was stalled after it left the factory is to look in the end of the barrel, If there is a hole inside the barrel where the front sight was originally installed You know it was a plane 20240401_113216.jpg barrel when it left the factory. Simmons guns will also have Simmons and the address on the left side of the vent rib. Winchester guns will also have Winchester proof Marks on the left side of the barrel and the receiver but this can be Faked. 20240401_114241.jpg 20240401_115440.jpg