"Baby" Glocks

dc2010

Established Member
Apr 21, 2022
woodstock
While I don't currently carry a Glock, I hold them and similar pistols in high regard. They're not perfect but they've sure worked well for me in various iterations.

I was a really hard sell on the smaller Glocks, particularly the G26. Once I finally tried one, though, I was mightily impressed. I found myself shooting the 26 as well as I could manage with the larger 17 and 19. And, add a 33-round magazine just for kicks to a 26? Fun, fun, fun!

Shown in the pic is my old Gen4 G26 with its DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster, a Milt Sparks pocket magazine pouch, and a Magholder horizontal magazine carrier (a device worthy of its own write-up soon). I also used a couple of different IWB holsters for my G26. When I carried a 26, I typically carried a 10-round magazine on-board and a 17-round G17 magazine in reserve.

Any other baby Glock fans out there?

View attachment 226
Took my 26 to the range this past weekend, could shoot it as good as my 17's. Blew my mind because i had a 43 and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with it.

Old Dog

Premium Member
Sep 23, 2023
Alabama
I really like the glock. The problem I had with it, once I started shooting 1911, was that the grip is at that angle and like many I shot slightly low and to the left. Some buddies told me using a 3.5 lb trigger and also using a slightly tighter grip with my left hand might help. My edc mid size is a cz p07 right now, but I am not giving up on glocks.
Glad to hear I wasn't only one with that problem (1911 vs Glock). I found the G19 closest to the 1911 hold. I too have a P07 for EDC during winter, but also have a G43X for summer-easier to conceal.I also rotate a M18 and P30SK during winter, but P07 gets majority of duty.

Mississippi97

Established Member
Jan 5, 2021
Mobile/Baldwin County
While I don't currently carry a Glock, I hold them and similar pistols in high regard. They're not perfect but they've sure worked well for me in various iterations.

I was a really hard sell on the smaller Glocks, particularly the G26. Once I finally tried one, though, I was mightily impressed. I found myself shooting the 26 as well as I could manage with the larger 17 and 19. And, add a 33-round magazine just for kicks to a 26? Fun, fun, fun!

Shown in the pic is my old Gen4 G26 with its DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster, a Milt Sparks pocket magazine pouch, and a Magholder horizontal magazine carrier (a device worthy of its own write-up soon). I also used a couple of different IWB holsters for my G26. When I carried a 26, I typically carried a 10-round magazine on-board and a 17-round G17 magazine in reserve.

Any other baby Glock fans out there?

View attachment 226
Years ago I bought a 26 second hand. I shot it as well as I did a full-size after I got used to it. I sold a few years later to help fund a honeymoon. Was considering buying another about the time the micro 9 craze blew up and ended up getting a Hellcat. Would buy another 26 for the right price.

FatDog

Established Member
Oct 24, 2023
Birmingham, AL
I have a Mod.36 that I love. Not quite a pocket carry but close. It always surprises me how accurate that little 45 can be, if I concentrate.