Go to holster brand

Peter379111

Established Member
Apr 25, 2022
Central Al.
I’ve tried several and the most comfortable I’ve found is the jm4 tactical leather holster. I carry a g19. Put it on in the morning and pretty much forget it’s there till bedtime.

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
While my preferences lean toward Milt Sparks and Barranti as pictured earlier in this thread, I recently needed a holster for a SIG P229 sooner rather than later and opted for a Galco Summer Comfort IWB. I ordered directly from Galco and the holster was in-hand in about 3 days. A nice little bonus inside the box were Galco mints and a pocket copy of The Constitution.

Also shown is a horizontal magazine carrier from Magholder LLC. I have these for a handful of different pistols - they are a great spare ammo carry option.

1656944735735.jpeg
1656944810131.jpeg
1656944854849.jpeg
1656945061477.jpeg

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
If you do a lot of pocket carry like I do, you're likely to appreciate the work that these guys do;

I haven't had the opportunity to get any other type from them but I know people who have and they all have had as good a result as I.
I recall seeing Hickok45 talking about their pocket holsters at least once (and now see the link to same on their site).

I like the look of their phone “holster,” too. I have one from Black Hills Leather that may wind up not fitting future phones, etc. - nice to know another option exists. I just can’t get used to carrying a phone in a pocket like a normal person haha…

aftac19

Established Member
Sep 23, 2022
Huntsville
I’m a kydex guy JM custom Kydex and Raven mostly and some of the ones I had made over seas by some of our guys. I still have a milt sparks and glaco for my P2000 and Glock 19. i like kydex but have some nice leather for a p2000 and 1911 but I have only one 1911.

Backstraps

Established Member
Apr 6, 2023
Monroe Co.
For IWB I’ve found the Vedder one with two clips to be awesome for a Hellcat and the Light Tuck (I think that’s what it’s called) to be great for a G19. It’s a chunkier gun, and that thing is super slim and comfortable.

OWB, I like Tenicor. They’re spendy but worth it for the peace of mind.

lambo

Established Member
Apr 13, 2023
Wedowee
I like the leather ones also, but there are a ton of people who make kydex, ive even considered it myself. It seems to be a fairly simple process with just a jig some heat and a vacume.

Txbobcat

Established Member
Apr 17, 2023
Madison, AL
I recently bought a Craft Holster for a Girsan MC P-35. I got their Comfortable Holster made for cocked and locked carry.
Really nice rig.

PDren000

Established Member
Oct 17, 2019
Troy/Brundidge
I've had good luck with Vedder, I've been running a lighttuck with a claw for years now. Before that, I had a P320C that I carried in a 1791 Gunleather kydex holster that worked pretty well. I've heard great things about JM Custom Kydex. Currently waiting on an order from them for a 1911 holster.

PDren000

Established Member
Oct 17, 2019
Troy/Brundidge
I’ve been running the JM Custom Kydex for a little while now and it’s awesome. Comfortable even with a 5” barrel carried appendix. I’ve also started using a Guerrilla Tactical holster for a light/gun combo that I had trouble finding holsters for. It’s not quite as comfy as the JM out of the box, but it’s a good holster and I’m sure it’ll be comfier when I get a wedge on it.