Indoor ranges

Shootist00

Established Member
Aug 31, 2023
I has been my experience that if you put your reloaded ammo in factory boxes they won't notice.
Last resort guns in Madison doesn't ask that I know of. That is basically all I shoot. Been there a few time and never said I'm shooting reloads and they never asked.
Other than that there are several Alabama wildlife management ranges around the state. None that I know of near Birmingham but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

Why do you want an Indoor range?

cajunuahfan

Established Member
Oct 2, 2023
Etowah County
I have a disabled daughter and it's just easier on her to be indoors. She loves to shoot and it's time we get to spend together.

I load light loads for her to shoot. ( l've been loading for 12+ years)

discovery

Established Member
Dec 14, 2023
North Central Al
Links are hot, click away!

Cullman Shooting Sports, Cullman, AL. Very nice facility and excellent gun shop. Never crowded, easy to get into, no wait, large range.
Cullman Shooting Sports

Larry's Pistol and Pawn, Huntsville, AL. Small range, always busy, excellent, albeit, crowded gun shop.
Larry's Pistol and Pawn

and the aforementioned;
Last Resort Guns, Madison, AL. Decent size range, nice gunshop, always semi busy.
Last Resort Guns

FatDog

Established Member
Oct 24, 2023
Birmingham, AL
I personally don't frequent indoor ranges but the few times I have I didn't see or hear anything about hand loads not being permitted.

Skrimps

Established Member
Apr 21, 2023
Huntsville, AL
Bullet & Barrell in Huntsville is the one of the nicest places I have ever been in. I asked about shooting reloads and they said no problem. They did not check my ammo. I have a suppressor in jail there which I can shoot while I am there waiting for the approval/stamp. Check it out if you get a chance.

chefguy

Established Member
Dec 9, 2023
Athens, Alabama
Last Resort Guns prohibits hand loads according to their waiver. It does state however that you can apply for a waiver (members) subject to qualification but it doesn't state any rules for qualification. Regardless, its a very nice range and managed well.

RaySendero

Established Member
Feb 5, 2024
USsouth
I've never had an indoor range refuse my handloads.
Have had to show that I wasn't using any armor piercing rounds for some military rifles.
One range in a jointing state required me to use their 50 cal slots for a 458 with solids.

swons

Established Member
Jan 31, 2024
Fort Payne
You might try Shooter's Paradise in Guntersville. It's semi-indoors...the shooting area is all covered but the targets are not. The pistol section functions more and less like an indoor range...plus it has some steel targets to plink which makes it fun. The rifle section is a bit more outdoor-sy...but the firing line is still covered and easy to access. www.shootersparadisellc.com

swons

Established Member
Jan 31, 2024
Fort Payne
You might try Shooter's Paradise in Guntersville. It's semi-indoors...the shooting area is all covered but the targets are not. The pistol section functions more and less like an indoor range...plus it has some steel targets to plink which makes it fun. The rifle section is a bit more outdoor-sy...but the firing line is still covered and easy to access. www.shootersparadisellc.com
I forgot to mention, they have no issues with reloaded ammo. I reload everything I shoot except for 22lr. I've shot .380, 9mm, .40, 10mm, .45, .38 special, .357 magnum, and .50 AE...all reloads. On the rifle side, .223, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5 Creedmoor, .308, 30-30, 30-06...all reloads.