Intro to precision rifle 8-3-24 AL/GA line

tbk5

Established Member
Jun 21, 2018
Springville, AL
I found out about this course on another forum. I'm looking forward to attending. Here is the info if you are interested. I believe there are still four slots open.

Place: Rifle Ranch in Graham, AL
Title: Introduction to Long Range Rifle class
Date: August 3, 2024, 8am CT - 5pm CT
Course Fee: $175

Topics covered
Rifle set up & Support gear
Zeroing the rifle
Ballistics
Wind reading
Spotting techniques
Ballistic app set up on the cell phone
We will shoot out to 900 yards maybe more

Location is Rifle Ranch 1030 County Rd 526
Graham Alabama.
Use Google Maps only and
Enter by Gold Ridge Baptist Church

What to bring. Rental guns/equipment available.
A rifle capable of 900 yards with minimum 10 power scope(target turrets required)
Bipod and rear bag 100 rds of match /precision ammo
Food and water for the day

Class runs rain or shine shooting area is covered. Targets are steel

email guninstructor2@bellsouth.net for more Info

We partner with Ga firing line for several events so their is a lot of video on their youtube channel and other social media channels.
Search for open range day and PRS match or Hike& shoot
There are several pictures on Face book and google under rifle ranch.

--------------------------------------------------------
Scott V www.centerfiretraining.com
NRA Sr Training Counselor & L.E.A.D. Instructor
Suarez International Staff Instructor
"Aim Small Miss Small"

Last edited:

tbk5

Established Member
Jun 21, 2018
Springville, AL
It was a great day. I learned a lot and had fun. Life got in the way resulting in a 7 year hiatis from shooting sports for me just when I was begiinning to get into long range shooting. Most of my experience was up to 250 yards. I never had any training (other than my NRA pistol and home safety instructor training.) This was a great way to get back into it. It's not often (more like never) that one gets to shoot out to 1100 yards. I am on the hunt for public ranges that I can join that are reasonably close. The Rifle Ranch was only a 90 minute drive but it is private.

Scott (and Brad) were great instructors. They helped when help was needed. I learned a lot about reading wind and holdovers. LOL--I also learned not to mess with windage adjustments at the end of the day after you've have great success with holdovers based on your spotter's calls all day long!

I tested a couple of the ballistics apps I have throughout the day. I kept going back to the first one I used (iStrelok). I hope the embargo ends someday.

It was a good group of "students". I think most were shooting 6.5 CR. This cartridge proved to be more than adequate on my plain jane Savage 10. There was some pretty impressive hardware being used. My first upgrade will be a better scope. I was good up to 500 yards but targets were fuzzy beyond that. I also now understand why more zoom is not always better.

I've got the bug again. I'll be looking for more long range training and shooting opportunities.

Last edited:

New Sales

Members online