The best current production bolt action 22lr on the market

BR99

Established Member
Aug 8, 2024
Oxford
If anyone is trying to decide on a bolt action 22lr, I would recommend you look at the Cz 457 rifles. You are not gonna find a rifle with a smoother bolt out of the box. The accuracy with run of the mill 40gr federal auto match is phenomenal. Still haven’t put any match grade ammo through it yet but I will soon. Going back to the bolt, I will say that even though it was smooth out of the box I polished the bolt with flitz and a dremel just to see if I could get it any smoother. And I can honestly say that once I unlock the bolt, it is so smooth it just glides back and forth under it’s own weight. The adjustable trigger on this rifle is more amazing than the bolt, the lightest setting has to be close to a pound and take up and travel can also be set. I believe you can get an aftermarket trigger spring and get the trigger down to ounces. The beautiful walnut stock is icing on the cake.

Zap_Rowsdower

Established Member
Apr 8, 2020
Madison
Have several 452s, a few 455s, and a few 457s. I appreciate the direction they went with the action. The barrel change is simple and quick. A simple spring swap and you have a light and crisp trigger. Plus with the aftermarket support, it is a great platform.

Wooddux1

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2021
Hueytown
Purchased 2 457s at a gun show last year, put a Leupold VX3i 2.5x8 on one of them and its a squirrels worst nightmare. Been considering a can for it, but dont know enough about them to know a quality one.

Zap_Rowsdower

Established Member
Apr 8, 2020
Madison
Purchased 2 457s at a gun show last year, put a Leupold VX3i 2.5x8 on one of them and its a squirrels worst nightmare. Been considering a can for it, but dont know enough about them to know a quality one.
I have two TBAC 22 takedowns. They are solid cans. I believe the SilencerCo Sparrow is a pretty classic 22 suppressor.

Herman48

Established Member
Aug 13, 2024
Elba
I have owned and own many .22LR rifles, but the one I like the best is my Ruger Precision Rimfire Rifle. It's as ugly as sin, but extremely accurate. Great adjustable trigger, adjustable stock, threaded muzzle. I use it with subsonic CCI pre-fragmented cartridges and a Silencer Central Banish .223 can.

Chikn

Established Member
Sep 2, 2023
Opp
Bolts are great.
Autos are funner.
20240819_173319.jpg
50yd 10 shot groups Lapua Long Range ammo. This was just break in.
20240821_110209.jpg

Latest posts

New Sales

Members online