Maybe this topic has already been discussed. I am new, here, so am not aware of it..

dc2010

Established Member
Apr 21, 2022
woodstock
Speaking of Dove fields any body got a hunt coming up,..I sure could use the hunt to exercise my shot gun...any local action
Serval good dove hunts on WMA's across the state. Well i say serval. In my area it is only 1 acre fields they planted. We never have any doves.

AlabamaLarry

Established Member
Jan 7, 2021
S. Huntsville, AL
For me, I am in other forums most of which are hunting and airgun related. So it's a time thing and also where's the best access to information and quality items being sold and bought. Unfortunately numbers speak for themselve, when I want to sell or buy something more deals happen elswhere, thats just my experience.

Ellis

Established Member
Apr 5, 2024
Warrior Al.
Ciao Herman48, anch'io sono in pensione, parlo un po', non sono troppo lontano da te e mi piace la mia privacy.

Ma ho avuto problemi con il trattore e con gli pneumatici del mio camion.

Finalmente ho riparato il mio trattore. Non è molto divertente lavorare sui trattori con questo caldo estivo.

Poi gli pneumatici si sono trasformati in un incubo; ho ordinato 4 pneumatici e li ho fatti spedire al mio gommista, ma erano fuori forma e non potevano essere bilanciati. Questa settimana li ho appena tolti dal camion e li ho restituiti al produttore. Oggi sono stato al telefono con loro per un bel po' per trovare una soluzione.
what did you say

RaySendero

Established Member
Feb 5, 2024
USsouth
what did you say
Ellis, I told Herman that I talk a little
BUT lately I have been busy dealing with tractor problems and my truck tires.
I finally got my tractor fixed. It is not much fun working on tractors in this summer heat.
Then the tires turned into a nightmare; I ordered 4 tires and had them shipped to my tire service, but they were out of round and could not be balanced. Last week I just took them off the truck and returned them to the manufacturer. I have been on the phone with them for quite a while today trying to get a resolution.

Last edited:

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Serval good dove hunts on WMA's across the state. Well i say serval. In my area it is only 1 acre fields they planted. We never have any doves.
I see a good number of doves in North Alabama. Haven’t been dove hunting in a while though and have no feel for the WMA lands.

I miss my days of going quail hunting in south Texas. There were so many that you didn’t even need dogs to find them. Just listen for the “Bob white”

dc2010

Established Member
Apr 21, 2022
woodstock
I see a good number of doves in North Alabama. Haven’t been dove hunting in a while though and have no feel for the WMA lands.

I miss my days of going quail hunting in south Texas. There were so many that you didn’t even need dogs to find them. Just listen for the “Bob white”
I listen for the "Coo, Coo, Coo". wish there was some quail hunting on public land here. There is some good deer hunting on WMA's in Bama. But down here they dont really do enough for the doves. I went on a paid hunt yesterday and had a blast. More birds than we could handle. Didn't shoot many, but i brought the wrong gun. And still had loads of fun. But I do have a sore shoulder today. LOL

Poppahen

Premium Member
Army
Jul 7, 2021
Alexandria
I just had to say that off-topic or not, this is one of the most interesting, informative, humorous and spell-binding human interest dove pursuit threads I've ever had the pleasure to follow. I don't post a lot but I browse quite a bit. Thanks to all participants here, I feel as if I now know each of you just a little better...David.

Latest posts

New Sales

Members online