New resident selling revolver?

junonomad

Jun 1, 2024
Carbon Hill
Hey there! New member here. Little bit of a dumb question but I just want to get my facts straight. I'm a new resident to Alabama from Oklahoma. I have a learner's permit from Oklahoma so it's not a full license. So it doesn't match my current address. Could I sell my revolver at all in a shop? Or should I wait until I get all my state paperwork and stuff done?

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
There shouldn’t be any major issue selling your firearm to an FFL. Some dealers are cautious of people that can’t verify their current address due to the potential for stolen firearms. You might be well suited to bring in a couple of the residency verification items you need to get your Alabama license.

On a side note, one can fairly quickly get an Alabama ID with the items proving residency. Why not just do that first and no issue at all plus you could go the private sale route that would likely bring higher value?

junonomad

Jun 1, 2024
Carbon Hill
There shouldn’t be any major issue selling your firearm to an FFL. Some dealers are cautious of people that can’t verify their current address due to the potential for stolen firearms. You might be well suited to bring in a couple of the residency verification items you need to get your Alabama license.

On a side note, one can fairly quickly get an Alabama ID with the items proving residency. Why not just do that first and no issue at all plus you could go the private sale route that would likely bring higher value?
Hey, thanks for the reply. I'd like to go private honestly. Would be more profitable in the long run.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
You should make sure you have your Alabama residency confirmed and documented. Most folks would be concerned about a scam or other issue if you don’t have that. For example, your account shows you are from Maryland currently and not Oklahoma. Thus I would have additional concerns. I personally would not buy or sale any firearm to you until that issue is resolved.

junonomad

Jun 1, 2024
Carbon Hill
You should make sure you have your Alabama residency confirmed and documented. Most folks would be concerned about a scam or other issue if you don’t have that. For example, your account shows you are from Maryland currently and not Oklahoma. Thus I would have additional concerns. I personally would not buy or sale any firearm to you until that issue is resolved.
Wait it says that? I haven't touched my account besides creating it and getting approved. Let me see. Wow, it does. I have no idea why?

New Sales

Members online