Other hobbies

closing

Keep most Sales within Alabama and on this Forum.
Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama
That's great!!! I assumed that his material may be advanced and that is why I suggested for you to maybe google reloading for beginners or seek out the material in other resources...Either way I'm proud for you and encourage you to follow through!!!!
oh understand what you mean now self teach a little and some base knowledge.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Well I just got back into hunting this past season for the first time since I was about 16 years old, got a buck and a doe. Been learning how to make different things with the meat; so far I've made jerky, stew, chili and just got done stuffing some sausage. I also tried my hand at some amateur taxidermy and made a European mount with the buck that sits in my bedroom. I also took up gardening for the fist time this year; I've got 2 blackberry bushes planted, 2 tomato plants, and about 20 red onions. I've been wanting to go fishing too since I haven't done that since I was a teen but I don't really have anywhere to go and the weather hasn't been right the days I've been off. Overall I'm just trying to get back to my roots and make myself a little more self-sufficient.

closing

Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama
Well I just got back into hunting this past season for the first time since I was about 16 years old, got a buck and a doe. Been learning how to make different things with the meat; so far I've made jerky, stew, chili and just got done stuffing some sausage. I also tried my hand at some amateur taxidermy and made a European mount with the buck that sits in my bedroom. I also took up gardening for the fist time this year; I've got 2 blackberry bushes planted, 2 tomato plants, and about 20 red onions. I've been wanting to go fishing too since I haven't done that since I was a teen but I don't really have anywhere to go and the weather hasn't been right the days I've been off. Overall I'm just trying to get back to my roots and make myself a little more self-sufficient.
self-sufficient the way to go, keep it up.

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
I watch my kids :) But I am into mountain biking.
I hear you Randall, Turning Baby Sitting into a Hobby...I have to give it to you Brother...I never viewed it that way but given the times as they are currently...I Think you may be on to something there Brother!!!!! Much Better than alot of the Nanny State Alternatives...God Bless!!! ;)

Tator Man

Established Member
Jun 10, 2018
Greensboro Al.
Layne I am more than willing to help you get started in reloading and to teach you the fundamental principles of it. I only load for bolt action rifles and large hand guns. 270, 308, 300 winmag , 44mag 45lc. If any of these are cal. that you are interested in let me know. I go by the book nothing fancy. Just very arcuate amo. Tatorman

closing

Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama
Layne I am more than willing to help you get started in reloading and to teach you the fundamental principles of it. I only load for bolt action rifles and large hand guns. 270, 308, 300 winmag , 44mag 45lc. If any of these are cal. that you are interested in let me know. I go by the book nothing fancy. Just very arcuate amo. Tatorman
Thank you so much, I'm ordering a book to read up on the basic priceables of ammo and history of it in general. I am open for a teacher for sure and will let you know when I can give it my full attention, thanks for keeping me in mind, I'm taking it kinda slow, I'm gonna clean a couple pistols and learn some basic cleaning and maintenance this weekend I defiantly need to be good at that. I could probably talk your ear off about reloading as I think I got some silly questions. been keeping brass as I've been practice shooting even tho its a bad time to practice.

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Hey Layne, That's Great Brother, Just take your time and enjoy yourself...There's is tons of FREE info on the net that you can consume...There are Forums dedicated to Reloading that have a mountain of info. as well as alot of beginner questions and answers that you can read up on...Number ONE!!! Always Saftey Check the Weapon before you attempt to Clean...Treat every gun as if it were Loaded!!! Even if you KNOW its empty or YOU Think you know!!!! Treat em all as if they are Loaded!!! Never have the muzzle pointed toward yourself or any other human!!!! Good Luck, God Bless...

closing

Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama
Yes I am bad about trying to absorb to much info at once and get overwhelmed on choices and how to begin so I'm gonna take it slow and not sprint before I can crawl. Thank you God Bless!

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Yes I am bad about trying to absorb to much info at once and get overwhelmed on choices and how to begin so I'm gonna take it slow and not sprint before I can crawl. Thank you God Bless!
You're Welcome Brother!...That's what we're All Here For whether We Realize it or Not!!! To Help One Another Out and Lift One Another Up When Needed!!!!

AS I Always Say and Will Keep Saying it!!!!! "We ARE OUR BROTHERS KEEPER"!!!!!!!!!!

Tider

Premium Member
Feb 1, 2018
South Talladega County
Collect vintage shaving stuff... twist to open double edge razors, old spice mugs etc. Some ww2 military stuff. Coins. also building a pretty good size religious library - old Bibles , commentaries, hymnals. I really like going to junk stores, antique malls and just finding small weird little knick knacks. Lol

Poppahen

Veteran
Army
Jul 7, 2021
Alexandria
Since I just bought a house a few months ago I have found that most of my hobbies have been put on hold. I also want to start reloading when my homeowner duties ease up a little so all the comments and tips are interesting and informative...thanks.

Poppahen

Veteran
Army
Jul 7, 2021
Alexandria
Fishing, playing my guitars, being out in nature when it's below 80 degrees, playing on the computer inside when it's over 80 degrees, good ol' southern barbeque-making and eating, and scuba diving...although it's been a while...