Safe

ZachBaty

Established Member
Aug 11, 2023
Alexander City, AL
I’ve been pretty happy with my Cannon Valley Forge 24 gun safe. Caught it on sale at academy for $500. But as the above guys mentioned buy bigger than you think. A bolt gun with a scope seems to take up about 2.5 spots and you run out of room quick. I took the barrel shelf out and used Gun Storage Solutions barrel rods and velcro system.

texkev

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2022
Texas
I'm looking for something similar to this Cannon Valley Forge 24 gun safe, used to save $$$$ if possible.

dc2010

Established Member
Apr 21, 2022
woodstock
I have a 12 gun. But its got about 14 plus my handguns. I'm thinking of going with at least a 64 gun this time. And keeping my 12. Problem is, I have been told If I buy one I need to get in my crawl space under the house and block it up so the floor don't start to sag.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
The point on Marks above is a good one. They had a lot of safes including many scratch/dent options last time I was there.

I’ve owned a Liberty Lincoln for ~20 years.

kwb377

Established Member
Dec 16, 2019
B'ham
I bought this one a couple of years ago with my Covid money...been happy with it so far (haven't tested it's fire or burglar proof-ness yet, though). As others have said, go bigger than you think you need...this one still isn't quite big enough. I bought it from Lowe's (although it was @ $2400 when I bought mine), took a couple of weeks to get delivered.

T724227M_InteriorFull-3_2048x2048_eb828e86-6787-4a12-a04e-45f6e6e6c047.jpg

Wooddux1

Established Member
Dec 24, 2021
Hueytown
I have a browning tumbler dial and 2 cannon widebody with keypads. The Cannon s will only operate on enegizer max batteries. Cannon also has a warranty that if keypad goes bad, they will send a new one. As someone said above buy larger than what you think you need. With scopes on rifles, they wont stack in neatly or compact. If able to get one with a 110 plug for a golden rod stick for moisture.

Roberts10

Established Member
Feb 13, 2023
Cherokee alabama
Seen the latest Twitter blowup?
Seems liberty safe company gave the fbi the code to break into a mans safe who was under investigation for J6 activities. Liberty announced this on their Twitter feed but quickly had to shut it down due to negative comments. Also it was learned that liberty is a big donor to the democrat party. There's a big call to boycott the company. None of it makes sense, how many of the obama faithful have a gun collection and buy safes, but your a safe manufacturer and support their party line. Liberty safe is the new bud lite. There's a lot more info, im not a Twitter user, just lurk on another message board that has access to the twit heads on twitter.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Lots of bad things in the Liberty fiasco. They have apparently reversed the policy but the damage is done. Liberty was apparently sold in 2020 to an east coast investment firm with questionable political connections. Hard to understand how poorly some companies understand their customers. Bud light, now Liberty Safes and others are learning the hard way.

The other big learning from this is that touchpad locks are generally easier to access than the traditional rotary safe lock. Doesn’t mean a traditional lock can’t be compromised but it is at least a little harder.

tbk5

Established Member
Jun 21, 2018
Springville, AL
Agree. They are probably finished as a company.

When I purchased my safe, I also purchased a key to change the combination but in 15 years, I never got around to doing it. I changed the combo last night.

rybern

Established Member
Aug 31, 2023
Albertville, Alabama
Wow, I really hate to see that Liberty has gone full tilt Libtard. I have a Liberty Centurion (with keypad) that I bought new 15 years ago that's been fantastic.

tbk5

Established Member
Jun 21, 2018
Springville, AL